The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: But will the Radical Right Listen ? Smart money says NO!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    There is a problem for a party when it embraces its extremes. A candidate must run a campaign for the nomination caters to that ideology in order to prevail. (Example: Romney's, "I'm severely conservative".) Then the candidate must pivot to face an electorate that is more centrist in the campaign for the general election. The result is an impression that the candidate is a shape shifter that will do anything, say anything to get elected.
    HUh, Obumma is extreme extreme left. He won by promising leeches the hard earned money of the working end of story. Time to restrict voting to federal income tax payers to shut down the theft!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Eliminating Excessive Taxes, Eliminatingthe National Debt, EliminatingDeficit Spending, Protecting Free Markets,Abiding by the Constitution of the United States, Promoting Civic Responsibility, andReducing the Overall Size of Government. vote).....
    Hey Swamp why don't you tell us how well the R's did on your listed bullet points when they had control of the WH and both houses of Congress from 2001-2007

That's where the problem lies with the liberals lumping all of the little "r" conservative, republicans in with the big "R" Republican party. There is a difference! Whether you do that on purpose or not is up for debate!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's funny. Joe Scarborough... The voice of conservatism? Another liberal media type trying to hoodwink the R's into doing it their way. And why not? It has gotten them McCain and Romney.
    Exactly. Scarborough is a RINO, (Christie too, right?) Hopefully this exact mindset prevails through 2016. The lesson from McCain and Romney is to pick someone pure. Go Ted Cruz. Go Rand Paul.

HUh, Obumma is extreme extreme left. He won by promising leeches the hard earned money of the working end of story. Time to restrict voting to federal income tax payers to shut down the theft!
    You can go much further left than Obama, even as far to the left as some of the top Repub candidates are to the right these days. Given how a conservative Governor from New Jersey has been treated recently by what now are mainstream Republicans, I wonder how a member of the Hollywood elite and former Governor of California would fair these days? I am betting he would not even make it out of a primary the party has shifted so far to the right. Lastly, way to support the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Exactly. Scarborough is a RINO, (Christie too, right?) Hopefully this exact mindset prevails through 2016. The lesson from McCain and Romney is to pick someone pure. Go Ted Cruz. Go Rand Paul.

You can go much further left than Obama, even as far to the left as some of the top Repub candidates are to the right these days. Given how a conservative Governor from New Jersey has been treated recently by what now are mainstream Republicans, I wonder how a member of the Hollywood elite and former Governor of California would fair these days? I am betting he would not even make it out of a primary the party has shifted so far to the right. Lastly, way to support the constitution.
    Not to mention the fact he was also the president of a major labor union!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Gotta laugh, Obumma ignores the constitution non stop. Cristie is left wing on gun conrol.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Gotta laugh, Obumma ignores the constitution non stop. Cristie is left wing on gun conrol.
    Like I said pick someone pure....please...please...please.....but first beat up and banish the infidels
    I was laughing a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Not to mention the fact he was also the president of a major labor union!
    Maybe he would be considered a democrat these days? He was a big spender, increased the deficit, and increased taxes more than 10x.

If the Repubs were serious of re-taking the White House, they would make all of their Primaries "Open". Lets face it, the deep south and most of the mid-west will support an un-electable candidate. Other areas of the country would support a candidate unacceptable to the deep south and mid-west. Unlike the Dems where they all agree that they deserve a Free Lunch, the Repubs need to unite behind a core other than what the deep south and mid-west dictates. With that said, the better hope that O-care gives them enough ammo to take back the White House because that is the only shot they have as they can't win with their ideology alone. And, what is their ideology? Got to love John Stossel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMBRNnZQsQI
    Last edited by Franco; 11-18-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Maybe he would be considered a democrat these days? He was a big spender, increased the deficit, and increased taxes more than 10x.
    Talk about a shape shifter!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!