The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: But will the Radical Right Listen ? Smart money says NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Like I said pick someone pure....please...please...please.....but first beat up and banish the infidels
    I was laughing a year ago.
    You must be VERY PROUD of the person you have in the Whitehouse!

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/monday...eneral-revenue

This is a good graphic of where the federal aid goes. If the federal budget was slashed to the bone, as many are in favor of, where does YOUR State get the money to run things? It looks pretty bleak in most of the South and Midwest if that was to happen.

http://visualizingeconomics.com/blog...for-each-state

Franco, how does your State stop the hemmoraging if Federal aid to Louisiana is cut to the bone? It's nearly half of the state revenue! Tennesee is nearly in the same boat.....-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 11-18-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Mostly disappointed in management/implementation these days. The laughter a year ago was over the fact that your party could not beat him (i.e. "I can't believe they could not beat this guy"). Stock market over 16K today. Gasoline less than $3. steady employment gains.. it could be worse.....

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    http://taxfoundation.org/blog/monday...eneral-revenue

This is a good graphic of where the federal aid goes. If the federal budget was slashed to the bone, as many are in favor of, where does YOUR State get the money to run things? It looks pretty bleak in most of the South and Midwest if that was to happen.

http://visualizingeconomics.com/blog...for-each-state

Franco, how does your State stop the hemmoraging if Federal aid to Louisiana is cut to the bone? It's nearly half of the state revenue! Tennesee is nearly in the same boat.....-Paul
    How? A state does it just like they use to before the federal nanny state. No different than my opposition to the existence of FEMA and other wasteful big government programs. Remember, people that want an education can get one. They don't need the government for that because like all fed programs, most of the $ is wasted. Just as in the pre-HMO PPO days, anyone that got sick could get medical help. The examples go on and on. Since the 1960's and LBJ's Great Society, the Fed Gov has been subsidizing and growing poverty, not eliminating it!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-18-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

You can go much further left than Obama, even as far to the left as some of the top Repub candidates are to the right these days. Given how a conservative Governor from New Jersey has been treated recently by what now are mainstream Republicans, I wonder how a member of the Hollywood elite and former Governor of California would fair these days? I am betting he would not even make it out of a primary the party has shifted so far to the right. Lastly, way to support the constitution.
    To you he may be conservative, to us moderates he is not .

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    - Henry don't care, he will go on whining about his meager 401K , socializing with the OWS crowd .

Mostly disappointed in management/implementation these days. The laughter a year ago was over the fact that your party could not beat him (i.e. "I can't believe they could not beat this guy"). Stock market over 16K today. Gasoline less than $3. steady employment gains.. it could be worse.....
    I too was disappointed in in the Rmoney campaign - though he ran a poor campaign IMO he would have governed to the center a little bit right. Your guy ran a good campaign, got the R's on his talking points & took the whole enchilada. But he has not solved Unemployment eventually the private sector may, has a historic high on Food Stamps, & is eager to shift blame when he screws up. We don't even need to mention HC.

Dow, S&P 500 & Nasdaq all hit historic highs friday but are still climbing the wall fo worry. Latin America with their tin pot dictators & Europe with it's welfare state will be a big drag, even India is having it's issues. & there will be a ton of opportunity in Africa when the tribal conflicts are settled & the labor force is put to productive use.

We've had a really good year - 401K's properly managed are the way to go, but the local machinists union turned that down & will now have little in the future pipeline to fall back to though the guys & gals working the floor are very skilled - one of the local columnists lamented the plight of the poor unionista going into a 401K rather than a defined benefit plan & I e-mailed him offering to take him out to lunch to show him where he had his facts wrong with actual results after the 1st of the year.

As a public service I am going to offer a class on investing to the local volunteer FF's & the young people in the community after the 1st of the year. VIMSX has done well as an index fund .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    How? A state does it just like they use to before the federal nanny state. No different than my opposition to the existence of FEMA and other wasteful big government programs. Remember, people that want an education can get one. They don't need the government for that because like all fed programs, most of the $ is wasted. Just as in the pre-HMO PPO days, anyone that got sick could get medical help. The examples go on and on. Since the 1960's and LBJ's Great Society, the Fed Gov has been subsidizing and growing poverty, not eliminating it!
    Hazard a guess at how long Jindal is governor after he cuts the State budget by 46%? Lotta oxes would be gored......

I thought you said he was fiscally conservative?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Hazard a guess at how long Jindal is governor after he cuts the State budget by 46%? Lotta oxes would be gored......

I thought you said he was fiscally conservative?-Paul
    What is not fiscally conservative regarding my reply? I'll even lend Jindal my axe.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    To you he may be conservative, to us moderates he is not .

- Henry don't care, he will go on whining about his meager 401K , socializing with the OWS crowd .
    He is conservative by just about every traditional measure of a conservative. Lots of factual information out their on his policies and beliefs, but you are correct, for a right wing radio head he probably is a liberal. Kind of reminds me of health care laws based on 10 year old Repub ideas that were implemented by a Republican governor. Now those ideas are far to the left relative to the center of "conservatism" today.

On the second point, I do not believe I have whined about a 401K. If I have, please show me where. I am all for 401Ks but I am also all for social security, and not against defined benefit plans (pensions) for those that can get them. There was much more "certainty" in our economy in well managed pension systems.
    Last edited by Henry V; 11-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.

What is not fiscally conservative regarding my reply? I'll even lend Jindal my axe.
    What 46% would you cut out of the state budget, and since your state gets more federal money back than what you pay in, do not count on a simple shift to state taxes.

That would be great if that were true! Remember, the Teas supported big-government, big spending, and I'll take away you contraception candidate Rick Santorum! Number two on their list was "Lets raid Social Security to balance the budget Newt Gingrich! The Teas just stole a bunch of talking points that sound good but, they are for their style of big and intrusive government as the Teas rejected the one candidate that brought all of those Talking Points to the forefront! The Teas are a one-issue political movement that has zero to do with spending, budgets, debt/deficits, and Liberty.
    Franco, as always you have a somewhat distorted view...what I provided here was the "Tea Party Platform" not some personal representation of what I thought it is. I also stressed the fact that the platform has "No Social Issues"...meaning the Tea Party Platform, by design has no stand on Social Issues. This is how we are able to attract, Democrats, Libertarians, and Republicans.... That being said, as you mention candidates do take stands on "Social Issues" as you pointed out above. Nothing new here, like all political candidates they have positions on social issues, but they do so at their own risk! For Libertarian candidates, although it is hard to find many, they take stands on Social Issues and I would bet some of them are not listed on the parties platform...Of course it is difficult to find Libertarian candidates to contrast, as their are so few that actually run for office.