The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy ducks

Default Trophy ducks

Given where you hunt and considering any and all ducks that you may kill, what are your trophy birds that you would have mounted for the wall?
    Mine are first, a wood duck, then a pintail, then a redhead, which I got today!
    Trap is hard to get a good picture of. I think he is camera shy.

im looking for a nice drake pintail. we don't get a ton in Ohio and they are a weary bird. Also would like nice drake GW teal in full plumage. we get a decent amount of them but they are tastey!

Call me crazy, but a Drake Spoonie as colorful as they are in March, would definitely go on the wall if any where here in season, that pretty.
    Daren Galloway

a Drake Oldsquaw, I had a group back in the mid 90s come in but I was caught off guard so didn't shoot I don't hunt the Ohio river anymore but if one presents the opportunity I wouldn't mind having it on the wall

I shot a bootlip drake the last day of the season a few years ago and it was one of the prettiest birds I have ever seen. I mounted it, and it turned out beautiful.

still looking for that cinnamon teal drake in full on fall plumage, only seem to see them on the golf course...would also like a canvasback drake
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Trap and I got a Northern shoveler last week. Very pretty bird.

I have a black duck mounted. Then mounted a widgeon and gadwall my last dog on her last hunt retrieved before she passed, just for that reason. I do it for the memories not the duck but I'm still waiting to shoot a nice pintail . I wish I would of mounted a wood duck when I lived in N.C. because there I got tired of shooting them and here in Texas I haven't seen that many.

I'm sorry, but a damn Hollywood will never be accused of being "pretty", "beautiful", or "elegant".