The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where were you???

Default Where were you???

So with the 50th anniversary of the assignation of JFK approaching it's been interesting reflecting on the day. I was in 7th grade at North Junior High in Brighton Colorado- Mr. Stillwells American History class. They were remodeling the cafeteria so to eat lunch we all had to march 2 blocks to the High School. As usual the local motorcycle cop was running traffic guard but this day he was clearly distraught and plainly had tears on his cheeks. Once we got to the High School- it was mayhem. Stunned silence mixed with tears and anger. The Principal and a couple of teachers rolled in TV sets to the cafeteria and we all sat on the floors watching as the events unfolded. Remember it like it was yesterday.

So why can't I remember what I had for breakfast regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

I was in Science class at Baker Junior High School in Baker, Oregon. The news was broadcast over the loudspeaker system. We were then glued in front of the TV. Was watching when Oswald was shot.

I haven't had breakfast yet. Harry
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW http://www.sagaciouskennel.com/

I was 4 yrs old when JFK was assassinated. My brother Philip, 5 at the time, and I were outside playing wallball. Later that afternoon my brothers Lee and Michael, 15 and 10, told us that the "boogie man" was in Texas and had killed the president. Imagine that, big brothers scaring little brothers. I now teach U.S. History.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

I was in Mr. Fairchild's 8th grade science class at Millikan JHS in Sherman Oaks, CA. I also remember sitting with my Mom and watching Oswald get shot on live TV. I remember him clutching his stomach and yelling out like in the movies and thinking, wow, people really do that when they get shot.

I was in 2nd grade at Buena Terra Elementary school in Buena Park Calif. just remember them herding us into the school busses and sending us home...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I was a twinkle in Momma's eye and an afterthought in Poppa's plans.....

I was in the 5th grade. Littleton, Colorado, looking forward to the upcoming weekend to go Pheasant hunting with my Dad in Brighton Colorado.

I remember the principal coming over the loud speaker system, telling us all the President had been shot, and we were all going home for the rest of the day.

I also remember entering our house, and my mother in front of the T.V.crying.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

In classroom waiting for psychiatry lecture to start,was a third year med student in Galveston. Lecturer was Martin Towler, who was expert witness in Jack Ruby trial.
    "Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever"

Chet Rollins(Jack Palance) in Monte Walsh

I was 18 at the time and working managing a gas station. A customer came in and told me about it, then I turned on the radio and heard it for myself. Lots of people came in crying. I also saw Oswald and Ruby both shot on TV live.
    I still don't believe Oswald was in this alone.

6 years old, in first grade, living in Dallas, TX. One of my earliest memories, which, no doubt, stuck with me because of the reactions of the adults around me. All the teachers were crying. We got out of school earlier and I went home to find my mother (possibly one of the least politically-aware people on the planet) crying.

Oddly, I was living in Las Angleles when Robert Kennedy was killed there a few years later. I was older and remember hearing about it while waiting in line to go into class, but the memories are no where near as vivid as the JFK assassination.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

HR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus whacked-out weird Burka (elderly mix-breed rescue girl)