The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where were you???

I wasn't even thought of but my dad tells me every year the same story. He was skipping school and heard it on radio.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

I was in 9th grade in Rochester NY. They stopped classes and sent everyone to homeroom and then broadcast the news. Being in a Catholic school, we said prayers until the normal time to leave. When I got home, my Mom was crying and just kept saying "They killed my President."
    "Too late smart, too soon old" - Now I finally get it Grandpa

Dennis Long
    HRCH SHDW MTN Aces and Eights Toby MH "Toby"
    HRCH Barton Creek's Winner Take All MH "Rio"
    Ranger 1997 - 2012
    Ragin' Charge of the Light Brigade "Cannon"

I was 2 1/2 yrs old, probably still being house broken.

11th grade Government class Paschal High School Fort Worth Texas

On a related note: The 2013 movie about that day is really good. It's called "Parkland" with Paul Giamatti and Billy Bob Thornton. It's not about the conspiracy or rehash of politics. It's a close up look at the events on the day right down to the bystander who got the film footage. Paul G plays that guy. He was a tailor/ clothing shop owner who just got a brand new video camera. The movie follows him and the hospital staff and Oswald's brother, an upstanding blue collar worker. Also portrays Oswald's Mom. Interesting stuff.

Here's the trailer, although it doesn't do the movie justice: http://youtu.be/V5-Bg7ZrGAg

I was 2 months old. It shook me up so much that I pooped myself.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Southall View Post
    I was 2 1/2 yrs old, probably still being house broken.
    I was the same age but somehow remember it in vague terms. We lived outside of DC in Springfield. A few years later (maybe 66/67) the SS agent that dove on Mrs. Kennedy was over for dinner. I don't remember it well but do know that guilt was heavy - "If I'd been one step ahead, I would have been able to take that bullet".
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

I was 13 and in band class in the high mountain town of Gunnison, Colorado. I remember it as if it were yesterday, the principle came to our class and told us what had happened. We were told to gather our jackets and quietly go home. My best friend, Ron Wille and I did something very unusual for us on the way home, we stopped in the Community Church and preyed. I remember feeling scared about what had happened. As I have grown up I realize how bad Kennedy was and more importantly how the 'Camelot' the media played to us nightly on Walter Cronkite, was all a big propaganda lie! He was a great orator, but had no moral compass, that fact was just hidden from us!

I was sitting in my 6th period English class in the 11th grade. The Principal announced the news over the intercom. That was a Friday and we had a homecoming parade scheduled for that sfternoon. Each class had spent the previous 2 weeks building floats for the parade. The parade was cancelled, but the floats were still displayed at the football game that night.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR BISS GCH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC TDI (Blew)

I wasn't born for 10 more yrs but...today watching some footage, they interviewed the secret service guy who was right behind the car. He jumped on the back of car as Mrs. Kennedy was crawling out and back. I always thought she was trying to get out but the SS guy said she was crawling back on trunk to pick up a piece of JFK's brain. He heard her talk to him and lastly say she loves him.