RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Thread count on Ruff tough kennel?

18K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Swack 
#1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the thread count on a ruff tough kennel is? looking so i can make some cheaper than the $20 tiedown that RT sells.

#4 · (Edited)
You really threw Gooser on this one!

it made me think these kennels was made out of fabric.
(Thread count?)
rough tuff?

what you asked about is called threads per inch. OR "Pitch"

3/8 diameter x 16 threads per inch!
or, 3/8 - 16

Gooser

#15 ·
Gooser,

I thought I was way ahead of you. I knew Ruff Tuff's weren't made of fabric . . . but since he was talking about Tie Down's . . . ya know them straps are made outta nylon and that's a fabric. So I was thinking maybe they had ta be ballistic strength ta be able to hold down the crate and an 80 lbs. Lab in case of an accident! Sometimes I think too hard!

Maybe if he'd asked about the screwy things that goes in the holes in the sides of the kennel I'd been a bit closer to figuring it out . . . but maybe not!

Swack

Swack

#5 ·
So,,,,,

ya have to be careful, considering that a 16 pitch has a crest every .062 thousandths of an inch.

A 10 mm x 1.5 bolt has a crest every .059 thousandths of an inch....

So,,, In other verbiage, make sure them bolts ain't made in Texas or France.

cause neither one will work....

gooser

#6 ·
will do and the worst part is I have a degree in mechanical engineering technology and completely forgot the technical term for pitch. guess working in nuclear power and not really dealing with the nuts and bolts of the plant you forget the basics.

#10 ·
Another idea that I did is to take a piece of 3"x3" angle iron and match drill it for the box and then tap holes into your fifth wheel mounting bar in the bed of your truck. Makes it look very nice. I did not like the look of the strapes. I will take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow. I get a lot of comments on my set up. .....Yes I'm a Mechanical Engineer....LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.