The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline Prices

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Yor memory must be worse than mine. Gas prices Jan 1, 2009 was about $2.65/gal. Today over $3.00/gal. Maybe this will refresh your memory.
    About $1.40 or close to half that when Bush took office

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Wow its only $2.97 in MN.
    $3.37 this a.m. in Vermont
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    But why were gas prices $2.65 when Obama got elected?

Oh, that's right. There was a meltdown of the world economy.

Anyone recall what they where shortly before the meltdown?

Probably not...
    If memory serves, that precipitous plunge in gas prices in Sept. '08 was closely correlated with G.W. signing legislation relaxing restrictions on in shore drilling, thus scaring the poo out of OPEC and causing an almost immediate free-fall of oil to below $40.00/barrel. (not an economic metldown).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    If memory serves, that precipitous plunge in gas prices in Sept. '08 was closely correlated with G.W. signing legislation relaxing restrictions on in shore drilling, thus scaring the poo out of OPEC and causing an almost immediate free-fall of oil to below $40.00/barrel. (not an economic metldown).
    Your memory serves you completely wrong.

(look at the 10 year chart) Inland drilling in the USA really has very little impact of prices. Fracking yes, drill no because if a company is going to invest(speculate on making a well via drilling), they are going to do it offshore where the rewards are much bigger. Most inland drilling is for natural gas. Bush did have an impact in the early years of his administration when he opened up new areas in the gulf.http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...t.aspx?time=24
    Last edited by Franco; 11-22-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

3.23 to 3.29 here in PA this week

I don't recall gasoline being as high as $4 ... but I could be wrong.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    (look at the 10 year chart) Inland drilling in the USA really has very little impact of prices. Fracking yes, drill no because if a company is going to invest(speculate on making a well via drilling), they are going to do it offshore where the rewards are much bigger. Most inland drilling is for natural gas. Bush did have an impact in the early years of his administration when he opened up new areas in the gulf.http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...t.aspx?time=24
    I didn't say "inland", but rather "inshore" or shallow water, but it could have been deep water, I don't remember, and Henry V thinks I was completely wrong anyway (I think he may be mistaken, but don't have the time to go research it at the moment).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    3.23 to 3.29 here in PA this week

I don't recall gasoline being as high as $4 ... but I could be wrong.
    Not since 2008.

As I recall it. G.W. came into office, the economy was good, it was peacetime, and gas prices were in the $1.40 per gallon range. Granted, there was a little hanky panky going on in the white house, with Bill and Monica, but the country overall, was in good shape. G.W. comes in, we go to war, gas and oil prices skyrocket, and the economy starts a steady decline. That's just my recollection though.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    As I recall it. G.W. came into office, the economy was good, it was peacetime, and gas prices were in the $1.40 per gallon range. Granted, there was a little hanky panky going on in the white house, with Bill and Monica, but the country overall, was in good shape. G.W. comes in, we go to war, gas and oil prices skyrocket, and the economy starts a steady decline. That's just my recollection though.
    R.R., BHO and GW are the last 3 presidents considered to have inherited a recession since Ford. A recession is 2 consecutive quarters of downward GDP. Within a few weeks of GW taking office the 4th quarter results came out making the economy a official recession.

Yes GW did go to war with congress approval because they could have defunded the war if they wished. What would your solution been since this was the first time America has really been attacked since Pearl Harbor? Hind sight is always 20/20.