The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline Prices

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    As I recall it. G.W. came into office, the economy was good, it was peacetime, and gas prices were in the $1.40 per gallon range. Granted, there was a little hanky panky going on in the white house, with Bill and Monica, but the country overall, was in good shape. G.W. comes in, we go to war, gas and oil prices skyrocket, and the economy starts a steady decline. That's just my recollection though.
    Do you recall GW flying planes into buildings in NY, DC and into the ground in PA? Your recollection is not quite complete... But maybe that's just me...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    R.R., BHO and GW are the last 3 presidents considered to have inherited a recession since Ford. A recession is 2 consecutive quarters of downward GDP. Within a few weeks of GW taking office the 4th quarter results came out making the economy a official recession.

Yes GW did go to war with congress approval because they could have defunded the war if they wished. What would your solution been since this was the first time America has really been attacked since Pearl Harbor? Hind sight is always 20/20.
    I would've gone after the responsible parties for the attack. The terrorists that attacked us were Saudis, not Iraqis. He had an axe to grind with Saddam Hussein, and this was an easy excuse to go after him instead of the real attackers. Too many young lives lost because of his BS vendetta. Way too much money spent on his BS vendetta as well. he should've focused on finding Bin Laden and eliminating him. I could've supported that, but not this mess he got us into.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Do you recall GW flying planes into buildings in NY, DC and into the ground in PA? Your recollection is not quite complete... But maybe that's just me...
    No GW didn't fly planes into buildings, but neither did the Iraqis. The attackers were Saudis not Iraqis. he gave all Saudis that were here a free pass to go back home. Us going to Iraq was total nonsense. should've focused on Bin Laden and taking him out, not some personal vendetta with Saddam Hussein. But that's just me.

shiny,
    as one who took a severe beatin' when the telecom/.com bubble burst, i note that you may not accurately remember just how the economy was fairing when the hanky panky was going on in the whitehouse!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    shiny,
    as one who took a severe beatin' when the telecom/.com bubble burst, i note that you may not accurately remember just how the economy was fairing when the hanky panky was going on in the whitehouse!
    The dot com bubble began to burst in March 2000. I remember it well because I got out of the stock market on Jan 3rd because I felt rental real estate was a better play and knew the market was due for a major correction. The economy during the 1990's was zooming. I don't attribute that to Clinton, he was just in the right place at the right time.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't attribute that to Clinton, he was just in the right place at the right time.
    bingo!^^^^
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    No GW didn't fly planes into buildings, but neither did the Iraqis. The attackers were Saudis not Iraqis. he gave all Saudis that were here a free pass to go back home. Us going to Iraq was total nonsense. should've focused on Bin Laden and taking him out, not some personal vendetta with Saddam Hussein. But that's just me.
    We didn't go to war with just Iraq... Did you forget part of it?
    Bill Davis

I think his point is that we should not have gone to war with Iraq AT ALL......Major hostilities have ended regards.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I think his point is that we should not have gone to war with Iraq AT ALL......Major hostilities have ended regards.-Paul
    I got that from the start. Just pointing out a hypocytical argument.

As for major hostilities being over... Maybe. But we still have folks getting shot and blown up in A-Stan on a fairly regular basis. Some of them from right here in the town I live and work. Right next to Fort Campbell. Interesting how the media never does the casualty counts anymore.
    Bill Davis

No I didn't forget that. We just didn't need to go there in the first place. what threat was Saddam Hussein posing toward us? It was not the right place to focus our efforts. I have a close friend that is in Afghanistan right now. I support Afghanistan, but never will understand why we went into Iraq. Stupidity at the top at the time. Just my opinion. You appear to believe that Iraq was a smart move though. Tell me why Iraq was the right place to go, instead of focusing on finding Bin Laden. There is no sane reason why we lost focus on Bin Laden and channeled our aggression toward Saddam Hussein, other than a personal vendetta. I await your response.