The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules? What Rules???

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that 2 Rep Sens voted for this; I truly doubt what you posted
    I agree with RK this is truly amazing. If you don't like the results then change the rules. That partisan mentality; they care more for their party than they do for the country; has taken over DC and we the citizens are the ultimate losers.
    FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!
    scroll down in this article and it will give you the voting breakdown.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ibuster-power/
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

I felt the Dems were abusing the filibuster during Bushes term, I felt the Republicans were abusing it during Obamas term, I can understand why they changed the rule. Use to be the president could do recess appointments, to which they responded with never "officially" going into recess. A million games they played and finally someone got an eye poked out. I don't like the changes and would have preferred a rule that would have forced the senate into a vote on nominees or put them in place in position after a few months, but good luck getting that through.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    scroll down in this article and it will give you the voting breakdown.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ibuster-power/
    Your own source indicates that your Tn Senators voted in lockstep with every other Republican Senator; 3 Dems broke ranks & joined the Repubs. But my reading of this is that the Repubs all voted 100% alike as a group

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Both of TN's, republican, senators voted in favor of this trash. I have let them know I will be fighting to replace them when they are back up for re-election
    I think you got snookered by Harry. A vote of yes was to KEEP the 60 vote rule.

OMG.....actually be FORCED to vote on nominees? You mean they would have to actually DO THEIR JOB???? That would be a good start.

What I really would like to do is herd them all into their respective chambers, lock the doors from the outside, and tell them they would be there without food or toilet facilities until they had passed a budget thru both the House and Senate. Then do the same to the President, until he had signed it.- Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I stand corrected. Probably still be trying to replace them. I'm sick of all of them.
    Last edited by Brad Turner; 11-24-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Interesting discussion of rules ... I don't know if the Rs would do this, but interesting thought to keep Ds off the campaign trail.
    Will Republicans be able to handle the heat if they refuse to be steamrolled in the chamber? Will the Democrats have them arrested and dragged into the Chamber to vote?

Today’s Republicans generally have very little tolerance for heat, but wouldn’t a little heat now be better than a meltdown, with them all there, sharing their useless votes?

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.c...#ixzz2lZyok0Rp
    According to the Rules of the Senate, Rule VI,
    1. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the Senators duly chosen and sworn.
    2. No Senator shall absent himself from the service of the Senate without leave.
    3. If, at any time during the daily sessions of the Senate, a question shall be raised by any Senator as to the presence of a quorum, the Presiding Officer shall forthwith direct the Secretary to call the roll and shall announce the result, and these proceedings shall be without debate.
    4. Whenever upon such roll call it shall be ascertained that a quorum is not present, a majority of the Senators present may direct the Sergeant at Arms to request, and, when necessary, to compel the attendance of the absent Senators, which order shall be determined without debate; and pending its execution, and until a quorum shall be present, no debate nor motion, except to adjourn, or to recess pursuant to a previous order entered by unanimous consent, shall be in order.”

I can't tell from the article whether this is a rule the Senate could also change, of whether it is related to the Constitution, itself.

Clearly, the "packing" of the DC Circuit court is to protect O-care if they should lose majority in Congress in 2015. Legal objections to O-care would have to go through the DC circuit court. Might lead one to believe that the Ds are wary of the outcome of the mid-terms.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quoted by Townhall from Obama's LA fund-raising this weekend:
    "I'm not a particularly ideological person," he said, saying pragmatism was necessary to advance the values that were important to him.
    The question, I suppose, would be what those values "important to him" actually are. And does it fit into pragmatism to condone lying to advance those values? If so, that sounds very much like a path to tyranny or anarchy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.