The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I wish you liberal democrats could make up your minds as to what you want to call it. When passed, many democrats including Reid, Pelosi, Obama, and others were PROUD to call it Obama Care. When Romney was nominated and the approval rating had dropped, it was called "Romney Care". Now that Nancy Pelosi and the other democrats that voted for it have "found out what is in it". Today they choose to call it the Affordable Care Act.

After 3 years you would think that the LEAST liberal democrats could do is FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder Zeus why you now want to call it Romney Care. Did you vote for Romney because you like the plan and want to give Romney credit for it, or did you vote for Obama because you can't stand it?
    The proper name is the Affordable Care Act. I call it RomneyCare. You call it Obama Care. Actually I think the ACA is a weak sister and there were other better models out there. But the status quo is not going to bring up us to number one.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Got no choice but to stay here.

While the overall health system isn't producing a good bang for the buck, there are pockets of excellence in country--Mayo& John Hopkins, for instance.

A good reason the health system is lagging is the lack of preventative medicine which costs money. If you don't have insurance you are going to put off seeing a doc until the problem gets much worse. That problem becomes part of the statistic.
    I don't know if it is true Zeus but on the news tonight that the Mayo Clinic has been eliminated from the exchanges. Maybe just another "FIX" for the President to "accomplish"

I don't know if it is true Zeus but on the news tonight that the Mayo Clinic has been eliminated from the exchanges. Maybe just another "FIX" for the President to "accomplish"
    I gues I hadn't heard that but my health plan still covers Mayo.
    Zeus

I feel sure nobody is presently affected since the exchanges are not up and running yet. I made the post since you cited the excellence of the Mayo Clinic. I will warn you the even today, Mayo cannot pay its bills without charitable contributions, something that will surely disappear with the changes. Already when in a squabble over Medicare reimbursements, the Phoenix Mayo Clinic sent out over 7000 letters to patients telling them that it would no longer treat patients with Medicare. A settlement was then reached.

I keep harping on the fact that no one has yet to anticipate how the doctors will react to these changes. It is already a fact that doctors are selling their practices to hospitals in droves. They will now be employees. Will they form unions as a result? Will they use the strike as a tool? It has been a while but I remember once when doctors employed by a hospital had formed a union and went on strike. It happened in the state of Maryland I believe. Patients had to be moved to other hospitals. Just recently in either Gastonia or Charlotte NC, doctors employed by a hospital resigned in frustration and the hospital had a critical doctor shortage. Just more problems Obama will have to "FIX" when the peddle hits the metal.

As Nancy Pelosi said "we need to pass it to find out what is in it". She was so right and I believe so far we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to what is in it.

I feel sure nobody is presently affected since the exchanges are not up and running yet. I made the post since you cited the excellence of the Mayo Clinic. I will warn you the even today, Mayo cannot pay its bills without charitable contributions, something that will surely disappear with the changes. Already when in a squabble over Medicare reimbursements, the Phoenix Mayo Clinic sent out over 7000 letters to patients telling them that it would no longer treat patients with Medicare. A settlement was then reached.

I keep harping on the fact that no one has yet to anticipate how the doctors will react to these changes. It is already a fact that doctors are selling their practices to hospitals in droves. They will now be employees. Will they form unions as a result? Will they use the strike as a tool? It has been a while but I remember once when doctors employed by a hospital had formed a union and went on strike. It happened in the state of Maryland I believe. Patients had to be moved to other hospitals. Just recently in either Gastonia or Charlotte NC, doctors employed by a hospital resigned in frustration and the hospital had a critical doctor shortage. Just more problems Obama will have to "FIX" when the peddle hits the metal.

As Nancy Pelosi said "we need to pass it to find out what is in it". She was so right and I believe so far we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to what is in it.
    Before I toddle off to bed, and I don't mean to insert myself in your debate with Sarge, I wish to point out Cary, that many doctors are already happily employed by the government. They work for VA, the armed forces, native American health services, The DOS maintains a world wide health service. Most state universities maintain student and faculity health services which are partially federally funded. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. The world has not come to an end....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Great Post Cary !!!!!!

I can tell you for a fact that the ACA has already changed the way my brother conducts his practice and has him contemplating getting out of the profession sooner rather than later
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Sounds like a negotiation ploy--kind of a strike.
    Zeus

Good article from Marketwatch.com- a Wall Street Journal site. Page 2 pretty well sums up the progressive view on the ACA and government in general.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...2?pagenumber=1

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...2?pagenumber=2
    Zeus

Good article from Marketwatch.com- a Wall Street Journal site. Page 2 pretty well sums up the progressive view on the ACA and government in general.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...2?pagenumber=1

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...2?pagenumber=2

Now that's funny...
    Bill Davis

You are grandfathered and not affected by the ACA - yet......

Your time will come regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth