The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Got no choice but to stay here.

While the overall health system isn't producing a good bang for the buck, there are pockets of excellence in country--Mayo& John Hopkins, for instance.

A good reason the health system is lagging is the lack of preventative medicine which costs money. If you don't have insurance you are going to put off seeing a doc until the problem gets much worse. That problem becomes part of the statistic.
    Sarge, what part of Insurance 101 don't you understand? Insurance is supposed to reimburse insured's for catastrophic loss. It was never intended for the routine bloody nose, sniffiles, checkups(preventative) and ,yes, normal delivery, etc. These are things that people should be responsible for themselves. Doctor co-pays for routine visits, drug cards, abusive mental, nervous and alcoholism coverage, endless testing, government mandates, etc. but have done nothing to improve healthcare while adding untold paperwork and expense to the delivery system. This crap resulted in higher premiums, much larger deductibles and out of pocket coinsurance. But hang in there, Sarge, your time in the barrel will come.

Oh, I have some wonderful recipes for crow that I will be glad to share with you, Buzz and Memon.

When not if regards,
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 11-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Zeus,

I've noticed that you ignored my post? Yet you keep post opinionated links to articles that lack factual support?

Are you just in so deep you refuse to admit your wrong?

Or are you just stubborn?

Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    Zeus,

I've noticed that you ignored my post? Yet you keep post opinionated links to articles that lack factual support?

Are you just in so deep you refuse to admit your wrong?

Or are you just stubborn?
    Was I supposed to respond to your statement of philosophy? Pardon moi!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Zeus,

I posted a long statement of facts. I'm a registered nurse, and have a ton of experience in the HealthCare Field.

It was my attempt to educate you. Because in reality anyone can look up false propaganda online then post it as support, but I thought you would want to know the truth .

Zeus,

I posted a long statement of facts. I'm a registered nurse, and have a ton of experience in the HealthCare Field.

It was my attempt to educate you. Because in reality anyone can look up false propaganda online then post it as support, but I thought you would want to know the truth .
    I see you fancy yourself as a pedagogue, too!
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Before I toddle off to bed, and I don't mean to insert myself in your debate with Sarge, I wish to point out Cary, that many doctors are already happily employed by the government. They work for VA, the armed forces, native American health services, The DOS maintains a world wide health service. Most state universities maintain student and faculity health services which are partially federally funded. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. The world has not come to an end....JD
    Like you, I have no statistical data but I have had some personal experience. After graduating from dental school in 1976, I took a job with a county health department, oops I was actually a contractor, self employed. Didn't really worry about the classification since my main objective was to gain clinical experience while purchasing land and building my office. In fact I didn't even worry about AN OPEN SEWER LINE in the middle of the floor with the hose from the suction system stuck into it. Sanitation, much less sterile environment was not my concern. I must admit that the state hiring my dental assistant as self employed was shocking. The suction system developed a short and shocked her frequently. One of those dentists HAPPILY EMPLOYED by the state who I contacted many times attempting to get the suction system fixed did nothing until it shocked her so bad that she fell to the floor shaking. I had to take her to the emergency room. I closed the clinic till further notice and contacted that HAPILY EMPLOYED doctor to inform him of the assistant's status. His response was that "there was no provision for paying her emergency room visit!" I informed him that he had better find one. His solution was for her to PAD HER MILAGE REPORT until it covered her medical expense. There was a time when I was doing a root canal on one of the nurses at the health department and he dropped by. I had taken a x-ray in the middle of the procedure and just for kicks showed it to him and asked for his advise as to how to proceed. His response was to ask me what I thought. He had no clue ass to what I was doing and I felt that he had not treated a single patient in the last 20 years if ever. I liked Mark and he was a nice guy but I had more confidence that my dental assistant knew the instruments than he did.

A good friend of mine who had retired but has no real hobbies, recently decided that he was willing to work at the very same health department 2 days/wk. They have made progress, no open sewer in the middle of the operatory. They still hire both the dentist and the dental assistant as self employed. I can imagine what the gov. would do to me had I tried to hire my employees as self employed. There is a state employed dentist that now works the other 3 days. Bob laughs that while he sees twice as many patients per day (which is 1/2 as many as he saw in private practice), while the state dentist sees only 1/2 as many as he does. When he questioned the clerk who schedules the appointments, her response was that he was not used to seeing patients, was overweight and could not see as many. Both of have known the state dentist for a number of years. When he could not cut it in private practice, he finally got a job with the state. I am sure he is another happily employed gov. dentist but I don't think the tax payers are happy to pay them for doing nothing. I am sure there are many gov. employees that work hard and perform necessary work but there are significant ones that do not have enough work requiring 30 minutes in a 40 hour week.

As to the VA, it has been a number of years but analysis showed that treatment at the VA was the most expensive of any other treatment in the US. I also have stories about the VA but will say they are no better than that of the state.

In closing, the gov. would not be looking to hire old farts like Bob and me, and those just graduating and only looking for something to do till they could go into private practice if it was so desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I see you fancy yourself as a pedagogue, too!
    Lol again no facts or argument to defend your thought process, just an impolite jab!

Lol again no facts or argument to defend your thought process, just an impolite jab!
    I put up something from a WSJ subsidiary website that is owned by your sainted Rupert Murdoch, by the way--the same fellow that owns Fox news. I guess by some righties that makes it gospel.

The intent was to elicit comment but it doesn't require that I respond to every utterance by you or anyone else. You may have started out with facts but you ended with the same old right wing mantra about government for lazy people. I heard it before and and it is as much hooey as before. It didn't deserve the dignity of a reply .
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Zeus

Exactly the path I would take if I was wrong ang did not have the facts to support my argument.

1) Children were covered prior to Obamacare

2) Permanently disabled were covered prior to Obamacare

So who are we covering with this ridiculously expensive set of health insurances plans? Definitely not the poor as they can't afford it! So I guess we charge the working man we force it using it!

Hospitals are required to treat everyone that comes into the door. Most are required to balance their books. If someone that crashes their motorcycle without medical insurance and stiffs the hospital, then the hospital is going to jack up its rates to cover the deadbeats.

I had surgery 4 years ago and I was in the hospital 2 days. The bill just for the hospital room, exclusive of the medical services, was $30,000. My insurance company negotiated that down to $10,000. The $20,000 difference was to cover treatment of the gunshot wounds, cancers, and other maladies of the uninsured. The ACA is an anti-deadbeat bill that was long overdue.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    Zeus