The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    I keep seeing people side with Obamacare, and what I have noticed is lack of actual knowledge of the law itself!

So I would like to point some facts out to you. Obama spread his inept wings in IL, whose Medicaid program is all but bankrupt. They quit paying out to hospitals over 1 year ago, yet hospitals are restricted from billing patients with Medicaid directly. In other words, the state Obama has influenced for years has been unable to flourish. Yet we have allowed him to pen a program for the whole country?

For years nearly every state in the union has insured children under 18 via Medicaid whose parents could not afford private. And in most instances it was at no cost to the parents when income fell short of requirements. Yet I still hear bleeding hearts screaming about "all the uninsured children". They must be speaking of the fully insured children!!!!!!

For years the permanently disabled have been covered under Medicaid, and kept fully insured! So they did not need the bill to care for themselves!

So in reality, the affordable care act was actually meant to insure those with no real drive to better themselves. It is a platform for the lazy to insure that they don't need to actually take accountability for themselves. And it was a platform the government thought they could make money on the citizens. A steady source of revenue, from the forced to pay working man. And it was meant to be protected by perching it on a politically correct stance of "Helping The Needy".

The ignorant flocked to the opportunity to help the NEEDY, while failing to realize the truly in need are already covered. It should have need renamed the UnAffordable Care For The Non Working Act. That way less folks would be confused.

Currently the Democrats are not upset that the law is a failure. They are only upset that they look foolish due to their lies. Like common criminals, they are only remorseful when caught.

Registered Nurse
    very good post !!!
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Hospitals are required to treat everyone that comes into the door. Most are required to balance their books. If someone that crashes their motorcycle without medical insurance and stiffs the hospital, then the hospital is going to jack up its rates to cover the deadbeats.

I had surgery 4 years ago and I was in the hospital 2 days. The bill just for the hospital room, exclusive of the medical services, was $30,000. My insurance company negotiated that down to $10,000. The $20,000 difference was to cover treatment of the gunshot wounds, cancers, and other maladies of the uninsured. The ACA is an anti-deadbeat bill that was long overdue.

How is it Anti Deadbeat...they dont pay anyway, how is the bill hurting them ? It doesnt, IT PICKS UP THE TAB FOR THEM

IT HURTS THE PEOPLE THAT DONT USE THE SYSTEM, they pay for services they may not use for years..

You are correct that hospitals are required to treat those that walk thru, stumble into ,or are wheeled into their emergency rooms, but resources are thin. people demand IV's for dehydration when a large gatorade might just do the trick, meanwhile a restaurant manager brings in a fellow working with a cut hand with blood gushing out and is told to take a number while all the homeless deadbeats get their aspirin/tylenol dose to make the pain in their head go away

So who ends up picking up the tab for those deadbeat that night ? You and ME
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    How is it Anti Deadbeat...they dont pay anyway, how is the bill hurting them ? It doesnt, IT PICKS UP THE TAB FOR THEM

IT HURTS THE PEOPLE THAT DONT USE THE SYSTEM, they pay for services they may not use for years..

You are correct that hospitals are required to treat those that walk thru, stumble into ,or are wheeled into their emergency rooms, but resources are thin. people demand IV's for dehydration when a large gatorade might just do the trick, meanwhile a restaurant manager brings in a fellow working with a cut hand with blood gushing out and is told to take a number while all the homeless deadbeats get their aspirin/tylenol dose to make the pain in their head go away

So who ends up picking up the tab for those deadbeat that night ? You and ME
    Yep, you are entirely correct when you state we pick up the tab. But the ACA requires every one to carry insurance so you and I don't get tabbed. I don't like paying for some uninsured 20's something that thinks he is going to live forever and then crashes his Honda after a night at the party. I don't like paying the health bill of someone that is laid off his job and left high and dry without insurance. I don't like to pay for an emergency appendectomy for a college student without the means to afford insurance. I don't like to pay for services rendered to someone that can't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition, family history, or DNA profile. Not every one in that emergency line is a homeless deadbeat. Some are damn honest folks that fall between the cracks.

Republicans have done nothing, but caterwaul, bitch, moan, and bellyache about the ACA for the last six years. 43 unsuccessful attempts, a loss in the Republican controlled Supreme Court, and a government shut down to gut the law is as reckless as it is brainless. You have a better plan? Lets hear it. Put it up or shut up.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1165476]Yep, you are entirely correct when you state we pick up the tab. But the ACA requires every one to carry insurance so you and I don't get tabbed. I don't like paying for some uninsured 20's something that thinks he is going to live forever and then crashes his Honda after a night at the party. I don't like paying the health bill of someone that is laid off his job and left high and dry without insurance. I don't like to pay for an emergency appendectomy for a college student without the means to afford insurance. I don't like to pay for services rendered to someone that can't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition, family history, or DNA profile. Not every one in that emergency line is a homeless deadbeat. Some are damn honest folks that fall between the cracks.

Republicans have done nothing, but caterwaul, bitch, moan, and bellyache about the ACA for the last six years. 43 unsuccessful attempts, a loss in the Republican controlled Supreme Court, and a government shut down to gut the law is as reckless as it is brainless. You have a better plan? Lets hear it. Put it up or shut up.[/QUOTE]

I refer you to the Thread "Obamacare...the unintended Consequences" post #84.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Back to the original post. Of course they don't want it called Obamacare because it is failing and they are politicians. They will figure out how to spin this to blame someone, anyone else for the failure. Now if all was going well rest assured Obama's name would be cemented all over this tax, er I mean bill.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I don't know if it is true Zeus but on the news tonight that the Mayo Clinic has been eliminated from the exchanges. Maybe just another "FIX" for the President to "accomplish"
    I cannot find any evidence of that.

http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/fi...-FAQ-Final.pdf
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Well you know how that goes M&K. Several things get in the way of your Utopia. First, doctors have an oath that binds them to take care of the sick, injured and dieing. Secondly, we have a Judeo- Christian ethic that stresses compassion for the afflicted. Thirdly, can you imagine the hell storm if those in need of medical assistance were denied service because of money?

It is easy to speak hardass but it is different if you have to stand there and watch someone die that could be saved.
    Zeus

Exactly the path I would take if I was wrong ang did not have the facts to support my argument.

1) Children were covered prior to Obamacare

2) Permanently disabled were covered prior to Obamacare

Here is one statistic for the great and sovereign State of Texas.
    http://smmercury.com/2013/09/23/texa...ate-in-nation/
    24% of the total population of which there 800,000 + kids. Sounds like a great failure in government to me.

According to the US census there are 4.9 million low income children in the good ol' USA without health insurance.
    http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/hlthi...ow-income.html
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Zeus

Zeus,

I work in an Emergency Room everyday. I deal with impoverished children First Hand!

Your quoted statistics are awesome, and I thank you for looking them up for me!

I think it is a travesty that the parents of these children would not sign them up for the FREE Medicaid program that is available to them. I would love to see them prosecuted for not making the effort to care for their children with the FREE Program we have had in place for years! It is almost like they are willfully ignoring their own children?

These will be the same IMPOVERISHED children whose parents won't sign them up for Obama care.

You would be amazed how many parent I speak to that can't make the time to sign their child up for Medicaid, yet they aren't working! I've even had mothers tell me, Well Medicaid did not call me to sign them up.

Also I agree with you that the government has mishandled these situations. They have seemingly fumbled the ball at every chance to carry. Yet your arguing to give them control of the whole system, while they have proven they can not handle a small portion!

Really man, I think your heading down the wrong path. It is not wise to hire someone who filed bankruptcy this morning, to give you financial advice today.

Please think it through, because your not making sense

Zeus,

I work in an Emergency Room everyday. I deal with impoverished children First Hand!

Your quoted statistics are awesome, and I thank you for looking them up for me!

I think it is a travesty that the parents of these children would not sign them up for the FREE Medicaid program that is available to them. I would love to see them prosecuted for not making the effort to care for their children with the FREE Program we have had in place for years! It is almost like they are willfully ignoring their own children?

These will be the same IMPOVERISHED children whose parents won't sign them up for Obama care.

You would be amazed how many parent I speak to that can't make the time to sign their child up for Medicaid, yet they aren't working! I've even had mothers tell me, Well Medicaid did not call me to sign them up

Also I agree with you that the government has mishandled these situations. They have seemingly fumbled the ball at every chance to carry. Yet your arguing to give them control of the whole system, while they have proven they can not handle a small portion!

Really man, I think your heading down the wrong path. It is not wise to hire someone who filed bankruptcy this morning, to give you financial advice today.

Please think it through, because your not making sense

those people dont sign up with Medicaid because there aint no check coming from Medicaid,like they got from SS...I have current and former employees that see their kids as some kind of income producing entity and the payer is the government...really sad
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"