The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    Zeus,

I work in an Emergency Room everyday. I deal with impoverished children First Hand!

Your quoted statistics are awesome, and I thank you for looking them up for me!

I think it is a travesty that the parents of these children would not sign them up for the FREE Medicaid program that is available to them. I would love to see them prosecuted for not making the effort to care for their children with the FREE Program we have had in place for years! It is almost like they are willfully ignoring their own children?

These will be the same IMPOVERISHED children whose parents won't sign them up for Obama care.

You would be amazed how many parent I speak to that can't make the time to sign their child up for Medicaid, yet they aren't working! I've even had mothers tell me, Well Medicaid did not call me to sign them up.

Also I agree with you that the government has mishandled these situations. They have seemingly fumbled the ball at every chance to carry. Yet your arguing to give them control of the whole system, while they have proven they can not handle a small portion!

Really man, I think your heading down the wrong path. It is not wise to hire someone who filed bankruptcy this morning, to give you financial advice today.

Please think it through, because your not making sense
    One way to deal with those who won't sign their children up--prosecute for child neglect.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I agree! They should be prosecuted! I got your back 100 percent on that!

But you don't penalize 75 good parents because 25 bad can't sign their kids up for Medicaid.

Throughout history government as a whole have proven they can't be trusted. This is on both sides of the party lines. But Free Trade keeps business's on their toes. Which means we get better treatment and care!!!!!!!

Giving the reins of our healthcare over to Big Government, is like asking them to drain your bank account! The will give you crap care, and charge as if it's hold!

If you care about any of your GrandKids futures, ask for this to be repealed today. Because they are who will suffer for your Massive Mistake!

Registered Nurse!

I agree! They should be prosecuted! I got your back 100 percent on that!

But you don't penalize 75 good parents because 25 bad can't sign their kids up for Medicaid.

Throughout history government as a whole have proven they can't be trusted. This is on both sides of the party lines. But Free Trade keeps business's on their toes. Which means we get better treatment and care!!!!!!!

Giving the reins of our healthcare over to Big Government, is like asking them to drain your bank account! The will give you crap care, and charge as if it's hold!

If you care about any of your GrandKids futures, ask for this to be repealed today. Because they are who will suffer for your Massive Mistake!

Registered Nurse!
    And exactly how does the ACA hand over health care to the government? It requires everyone to sign up with a private insurance company from or not from an exchange. What's wrong with that? My doctors will be the same - every one of them. It affects how the system gets paid but not how care is given. Enlighten me please.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Zeus

Because that is not where it is heading!

1) Most private companies supply insurance through employers. It is fairly blatantly obvious, that the cost to employers will be so high that employers will be thrusted forward into offering Obama care as their main course meal. That will happen within 2 years. Destroying your ability to get a good plan at a decent price

2) if you have checked the price of an Obamacare plan for yourself, you will realize it is vastly more expensive than current private plans! Heck just watch the news!!!!! The current ACA rates are not affordable in the fairest sense of the word !!!!

As mean spirited as it sounds, I think the only way to convince those who supported this bill that it is terrible is for them to live long enough to see their family members suffer because of it.

Don't forget, these are the STARTING prices. Once we realize that doesn't actually cover the costs. Then they will start to go upward again!

Zesus, this is not a conspiracy! Brother is fact!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Well you know how that goes M&K. Several things get in the way of your Utopia. First, doctors have an oath that binds them to take care of the sick, injured and dieing. Secondly, we have a Judeo- Christian ethic that stresses compassion for the afflicted. Thirdly, can you imagine the hell storm if those in need of medical assistance were denied service because of money?

It is easy to speak hardass but it is different if you have to stand there and watch someone die that could be saved.
    Sarge, the only people negatively affected would be those individuals who can afford insurance but refuse to buy it. All others would either have coverage they purchased, coverage thru uninsurable pools or government provided programs for the needy. If the Docs feel obliged to treat them, let them at their cost. The same goes for other providers who are not bound by the oath. The end result would be that those that can afford coverage will have to buy it much like homeowners and auto insurance.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Hospitals are required to treat everyone that comes into the door. Most are required to balance their books. If someone that crashes their motorcycle without medical insurance and stiffs the hospital, then the hospital is going to jack up its rates to cover the deadbeats.

I had surgery 4 years ago and I was in the hospital 2 days. The bill just for the hospital room, exclusive of the medical services, was $30,000. My insurance company negotiated that down to $10,000. The $20,000 difference was to cover treatment of the gunshot wounds, cancers, and other maladies of the uninsured. The ACA is an anti-deadbeat bill that was long overdue.
    The things you mention are part of the $20,000 but they are not the main culprits. Medicare and ESPECIALLY Medicaid are the major culprits. and now we have an administration that gloats over increasing those covered by Medicaid. So if you want to blame anybody then blame the Gov. Anyone who looks at an EOB(explanation of benefits) of either, will see this to be true.

Because that is not where it is heading!

1) Most private companies supply insurance through employers. It is fairly blatantly obvious, that the cost to employers will be so high that employers will be thrusted forward into offering Obama care as their main course meal. That will happen within 2 years. Destroying your ability to get a good plan at a decent price

2) if you have checked the price of an Obamacare plan for yourself, you will realize it is vastly more expensive than current private plans! Heck just watch the news!!!!! The current ACA rates are not affordable in the fairest sense of the word !!!!

As mean spirited as it sounds, I think the only way to convince those who supported this bill that it is terrible is for them to live long enough to see their family members suffer because of it.

Don't forget, these are the STARTING prices. Once we realize that doesn't actually cover the costs. Then they will start to go upward again!

Zesus, this is not a conspiracy! Brother is fact!
    I don't know about the rates in Texas but our Minnesota rates are lower. You are welcome to come if you can stand the climate and the mosquitoes.

I have hunt with a guy who is a good Republican and a former member of the state central committee. Our families have hunted together for around 20 years. About a year ago, Craig was invited to be part of a U- Minnesota focus group studying various national health plans including Britain, France, Canada, and Uganda as well as the ACA. His take on the ACA is it is quite a mild system. The focus group rated France was the best system for providing the best outcome at a lower cost. Surprisingly, the focus group found Uganda also had a very effective system at a corresponding cost--far better than our traditional plan which currently costs more on a national basis and is less effective. When Uganda can do better, maybe it is it is time to change.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Zeus

Lol, I'm in Indiana ! Not Texas!

Damn I thought for sure you would see the light. But alas you don't want to recognize the truth

I appreciate the debate. I noted your retired! Enjoy it. You prolly won't suffer from this decision, due to your age! So your prolly in the clear!

Lol, I'm in Indiana ! Not Texas!

Damn I thought for sure you would see the light. But alas you don't want to recognize the truth

I appreciate the debate. I noted your retired! Enjoy it. You prolly won't suffer from this decision, due to your age! So your prolly in the clear!
    Sorry I thought for sure you were from Texas. But Hoosierland is OK real estate. Spent some time in West Lafayette. Go Boilers!
    Zeus

Yeah, France and Uganda!

I call Bravo Sierra!
    You never stood and watched some die because the couldn't afford medical care.