The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, France and Uganda!

I call Bravo Sierra!
    You never stood and watched some die because the couldn't afford medical care.
    Yes I have seen people die that could be saved. Not, because of a lack of insurance, but a fear of doctors and hospitals or denial of condition. For some clients I had to execute court orders to receive treatment. Twice, I had judges call me in and dump a order in my lap to decide whether or not to authorize a medical procedure that had a high probability of killing the patient.

But if you follow a "no tickie, no washie" policy, relatives, activists, and clergy watching someone die that could be saved will commence an uproar that will reverse the situation as well as ending the political careers of those responsible. So, you are in the sad situation of paying everyone else's freight until the ACA cuts in.

By the way, Stan, you have an internet connection. Look up the health care cost vs outcome for Uganda and France. Try the UK , Germany, Canada Japan and others. You'll find the good ol' USA is down the list a fair bit. The present system is costing a mint and getting us less.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Yes I have seen people die that could be saved. Not, because of a lack of insurance, but a fear of doctors and hospitals or denial of condition. For some clients I had to execute court orders to receive treatment. Twice, I had judges call me in and dump a order in my lap to decide whether or not to authorize a medical procedure that had a high probability of killing the patient.

But if you follow a "no tickie, no washie" policy, relatives, activists, and clergy watching someone die that could be saved will commence an uproar that will reverse the situation as well as ending the political careers of those responsible. So, you are in the sad situation of paying everyone else's freight until the ACA cuts in.

By the way, Stan, you have an internet connection. Look up the health care cost vs outcome for Uganda and France. Try the UK , Germany, Canada Japan and others. You'll find the good ol' USA is down the list a fair bit. The present system is costing a mint and getting us less.
    I am sure you are ready to cancel your health insurance, take the premium, fly to Uganda for treatment. Surely it would be cheaper, and those idiots who choose to come here should listen to you and those who make such claims. Reminds me of the United Auto Workers contract in the 1980's when it was touted to "guarantee job security for it's members. I guess all those who no longer live in Detroit left for better jobs.

Ok Zeus,

You caught my attention again! Do you know that monthly I receive patients for Canada, seeking MRI's and or CT's

You know why they are here?

Because their GOVERNMENT has not agreed to allow the testing for MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have cancer and you wait MONTHS, your dead !

I'll pay through the nose to keep private insurance! Especially if it means folks of your ideals aren't involved in my care!

And to be honest, I caution all my patients to pay what ever private keeps charge for BETTER Care Abilities! Let the fools sign up for Obama care,
    ! That way they can care for each other!

Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    Ok Zeus,

You caught my attention again! Do you know that monthly I receive patients for Canada, seeking MRI's and or CT's

Because their GOVERNMENT has not agreed to allow the testing for MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pay through the nose to keep private insurance! Especially if it means folks of your ideals aren't involved in my care!

And to be honest, I caution all my patients to pay what ever private keeps charge for BETTER Care Abilities! Let the fools sign up for Obama care,
    Canada has rationing. Obama care does not. Neither does France. Neither has Germany. But we are talking about the USA here. We come up in the mid twenties in the rankings. We are spending 2 trillion dollars for a less than ideal outcome.

Now what do you GOPpers propose? More bile and venom or do you have a real deal proposal? Lets drop the hunt for Obama. You are not going to get him out of there until his term is up, anyway. Come up with something workable or are you devoid of any ability to innovate?

Last edited by zeus3925; 11-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    Ok Zeus,

I call BS on this. I have seen you post that you work in the ER and that you are in Indiana. Canadians are flocking to your hospital which is nowhere near the Canadian border when there are many fine hospitals much closer to home? And they are admitting for MRI's through the ER department? I don't buy it. My dad worked in hospital ER's since 1980, just retired about 5 years ago. He says, sure you see plenty of Canadians in the ER. They are normally here for other reasons and come in with medical emergencies.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Just what do you think OOP's at $12,000 are going to do for care? OOP's that high will have to same affect as rationing. Our med care is the envy of the world now and probably will be for those who have ca$h to access it. To suggest the UCA isn't about rationing is disingenuous.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Just what do you think OOP's at $12,000 are going to do for care? OOP's that high will have to same affect as rationing. Our med care is the envy of the world now and probably will be for those who have ca$h to access it. To suggest the UCA isn't about rationing is disingenuous.
    Sorry Ray. It is not the envy of the world and has not been for some time. Don't let chauvanism get in the way of the facts.
    Zeus

Zesus,

I'm no where near a boarder! I'm not even close! But in the vast majority of situations, the visit relatives then end up in a Local ER. It is far more likely they would travel to a relatives home, instead of blindly across a border in search of medical need!

Like I said this happens MONTHLY to me as an RN.

Anyone can proclaim knowledge based upon reading a website or 2. Anyone can repeat someone else's propaganda. But I live it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Sorry Ray. It is not the envy of the world and has not been for some time. Don't let chauvanism get in the way of the facts.
    maybe you need to sit in the waiting areas at m d Anderson and poll those coming through from foreign lands just why they chose that backwards ass place in Houston Tx ?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    maybe you need to sit in the waiting areas at m d Anderson and poll those coming through from foreign lands just why they chose that backwards ass place in Houston Tx ?
    As I said before there are pockets of excellence that stand out. But the outcomes vs. costs for the system in general, are out of line.

But hey, I don't rate the system. There are those with the credentials to do it and I just posted a link to it. Don't like their findings, take it up with the raters.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-24-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Zeus