The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Dems Don't Want It Called Obamacare Anymore

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    As I said before there are pockets of excellence that stand out. But the outcomes vs. costs for the system in general, are out of line.

    But hey, I don't rate the system. There are those with the credentials to do it and I just posted a link to it. Don't like their findings, take it up with the raters.
    You talk about credentials. WHAT CREDENTIALS???? But just for GIGGLES, let's ASSUME they are correct. Now tell me WHY are outcomes vs cost out of line? Buzz posted a graph showing healthcare cost as a % of GDP. I have challenged him repeatedly to post it again and he has chosen not to. I have a pretty good idea why he has not done so. The thing that liberals can't deny and refuse to acknowledge is that THE GOVERNMENT CAUSED THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! For the life of me I can't understand how one could be so stupid as to think that ACA(for your benefit Zeus), will solve the problem.

    Like my friend, I have toyed with the idea of going back to work 2 days/wk. I would only have to work 1/2 as hard as I ever did and could hire a farm hand to bush hog the levees, clean and maintain the buildings and equipment and feed and maybe throw some ducks when I was training. I just can't imagine myself telling a patient who is hurting that I can't see him because closing time is 5 and I don't get paid after that. I probably would mind it so much if it were only patients who wanted a SINGLE EMPLOYER SYSTEM. they would deserve it.

  2. #62
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Try the UK .
    Do you have any idea what really goes on in the UK? Do you know anyone who lives there and deals with the system? Do you know an American who needed emergency care there and what happened?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  3. #63
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Lets cut to the chase. The issue isn't about the health care system at all. It is all about the fact the Grand Obstructionist Party lost an election. And then they lost a second. The GOPpers are mad as hell. The issue is all about power and the attempt to discredit a signature piece of legislation by the opposing party. THEY DON'T WANT THE DEMS AND OBAMA TO GET THE CREDIT.

    The ACA is a Republican concept. It was passed as because it was a child of the art of the possible. Like most Republican concepts is is a weak bill and a half measure. But the opposite party got it through and the GOPpers have been swarming all over it like vultures on roadkill. But, the real message here is the GOPpers can't stand losing, especially to Obama and his minions and they are sore. Yep, that is exactly what I am saying-- they are SORE losers.

    The congressional Republicans should damn well be ashamed of themselves. After 43 unsuccessful attempts to gut the ACA, a lost decision in a GOPper dominated Supreme Court, and a government shut down, the GOPpers have dithered away their time on other important legislation. The Republican House bears full responsibility for being the least productive congress in history. They are even willing to hand grenade their own party in the process. The American people know who the obstinate ones are and they are not going to take it kindly.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-25-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  4. #64
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    Sorry Sarge... Now you are drinking the Koolaid. The R's in Congress are doing what their constituents sent them there to do. If they don't, they will get a one way ticket home just like many of the Dems are going to get next year. But, good job on spouting the party line.
    Bill Davis

  5. #65
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,870

    Default

    Why are the Dem/Progressives running from it then?

    You need to call them and set them straight!!!!

  6. #66
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Lets cut to the chase. The issue isn't about the health care system at all. It is all about the fact the Grand Obstructionist Party lost an election. And then they lost a second. The GOPpers are mad as hell. The issue is all about power and the attempt to discredit a signature piece of legislation by the opposing party. THEY DON'T WANT THE DEMS AND OBAMA TO GET THE CREDIT.

    The ACA is a Republican concept. It was passed as because it was a child of the art of the possible. Like most Republican concepts is is a weak bill and a half baked measure. But the opposite party got it through and the GOPpers have been swarming all over it like vultures on roadkill. But, the real message here is the GOPpers can't stand losing, especially to Obama and his minions and they are sore. Yep, that is exactly what I am saying-- they are SORE losers.

    The congressional Republicans should damn well be ashamed of themselves. After 43 unsuccessful attempts to gut the ACA, a lost decision in a GOPper dominated Supreme Court, and a government shut down, the GOPpers have dithered away their time on other important legislation. The Republican House bears full responsibility for being the least productive congress in history. The American people know who the obstinate ones are and they are not going to take it kindly.
    The "affordable" care act is nothing but affordable for the middle class who purchase insurance on the private market. Being healthy is punished!! When your rate for 2 50 year old very healthy adults jumps 6 thousand a year for overall lower coverage,etc it is nothing but a pile of crap. I'm tired of being told this is "better". It is not. Scroll thru and you will find my side by side comparison of the old "bad" vs the new "good".. Then you hear that some get to pay $19 per month for more using your hard earned money?
    This is nothing but redistribution!!!!
    The healthy are punished and the bon bon eaters are rewarded!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  7. #67
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    How interesting that the best, most informative posts in this thread, have been made by those actually involved in the healthcare industry...surprise, surprise! (((eyeroll))). Muddy12, this has to be the best description, written in plain English, that I have read anywhere. Props to you.

    And thank you Cary Alsobrook, for reminding us that insurance was never meant to cover the sniffles, routine check ups, etc.; it was to cover catastrophic illnesses/injuries. Part of the problem is the great dumbing down of America. The same people that take their children to the emergency room for a common cold or upset stomach because they "can't afford a doctor" are the ones who have no problems buying spinning rims for their SUVs, flat screen TVs and new smart phones every 6 months. Shelling out money for preventative or routine healthcare for themselves or their spawn might cut into those necessities.
    Quote Originally Posted by muddytwelvegauge View Post
    I keep seeing people side with Obamacare, and what I have noticed is lack of actual knowledge of the law itself!

    So I would like to point some facts out to you. Obama spread his inept wings in IL, whose Medicaid program is all but bankrupt. They quit paying out to hospitals over 1 year ago, yet hospitals are restricted from billing patients with Medicaid directly. In other words, the state Obama has influenced for years has been unable to flourish. Yet we have allowed him to pen a program for the whole country?

    For years nearly every state in the union has insured children under 18 via Medicaid whose parents could not afford private. And in most instances it was at no cost to the parents when income fell short of requirements. Yet I still hear bleeding hearts screaming about "all the uninsured children". They must be speaking of the fully insured children!!!!!!

    For years the permanently disabled have been covered under Medicaid, and kept fully insured! So they did not need the bill to care for themselves!

    So in reality, the affordable care act was actually meant to insure those with no real drive to better themselves. It is a platform for the lazy to insure that they don't need to actually take accountability for themselves. And it was a platform the government thought they could make money on the citizens. A steady source of revenue, from the forced to pay working man. And it was meant to be protected by perching it on a politically correct stance of "Helping The Needy".

    The ignorant flocked to the opportunity to help the NEEDY, while failing to realize the truly in need are already covered. It should have need renamed the UnAffordable Care For The Non Working Act. That way less folks would be confused.

    Currently the Democrats are not upset that the law is a failure. They are only upset that they look foolish due to their lies. Like common criminals, they are only remorseful when caught.


    Registered Nurse
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Lets cut to the chase. The issue isn't about the health care system at all. It is all about the fact the Grand Obstructionist Party lost an election. And then they lost a second. The GOPpers are mad as hell. The issue is all about power and the attempt to discredit a signature piece of legislation by the opposing party. THEY DON'T WANT THE DEMS AND OBAMA TO GET THE CREDIT.

    The ACA is a Republican concept. It was passed as because it was a child of the art of the possible. Like most Republican concepts is is a weak bill and a half measure. But the opposite party got it through and the GOPpers have been swarming all over it like vultures on roadkill. But, the real message here is the GOPpers can't stand losing, especially to Obama and his minions and they are sore. Yep, that is exactly what I am saying-- they are SORE losers.

    The congressional Republicans should damn well be ashamed of themselves. After 43 unsuccessful attempts to gut the ACA, a lost decision in a GOPper dominated Supreme Court, and a government shut down, the GOPpers have dithered away their time on other important legislation. The Republican House bears full responsibility for being the least productive congress in history. They are even willing to hand grenade their own party in the process. The American people know who the obstinate ones are and they are not going to take it kindly.
    Finally you have said something for which I can agree. This is not about healthcare. This is about destroying those freedoms that I consider the American Dream, freedom to live where you choose, work for who you choose, raise your children as you choose and worship as you choose. This is about the government controlling the means of production. This is about bureaucrats who cannot compete in the marketplace ruling. This is about those having a comfortable ride in the wagon at the expense of those pulling it. I don't want to pay a bureaucrat to FORCE someone to write a resume or apply for a job, or take a drug test for that matter. I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME TO INTERVIEW SUCH A PERSON FOR A JOB THEY DON'T EVEN WANT!!!! And I sure don't want the government paying some welfare worker to do such a thing.

    You along with another post has said that a doctor has a moral obligation to treat a patient. THAT IS BS!!! I have no obligation to treat you or anybody else UNDER YOUR OR ANYBODY ELSE'S TERMS, NOR WILL I. The government is in the process of removing the responsibility of compassion, moral and ethical obligation of patient care and as a result, destroying those things so important to health care. It started it with tax laws governing health insurance during WWII, continued it with medicare and medicaid in 1965 and now tries to nail it down with ACA progressing to the Single Employer System.

    I asked you WHY cost vs. results were not justified. Your answer says, that is not the issue. Again I do believe that you are correct.

  9. #69
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    that insurance was never meant to cover the sniffles, routine check ups, etc.; it was to cover catastrophic illnesses/injuries. Part of the problem is the great dumbing down of America. The same people that take their children to the emergency room for a common cold or upset stomach because they "can't afford a doctor" are the ones who have no problems buying spinning rims for their SUVs, flat screen TVs and new smart phones every 6 months. Shelling out money for preventative or routine healthcare for themselves or their spawn might cut into those necessities.
    This goes back to how many of us grew up. You don't run the kid to the doctor unless they are really sick. It is not all the issue of parents. Many school districts require a parent these days to provide a Dr's note if the kid is out more than 2 days even if there is no reason to visit a Dr. The kid gets a really bad cold, no cure, no fix, tough it out but now they need a note. Back in the day, when chicken pox did not have a vaccine and then ran thru a school, mom said you were down and out end of story. THese days Mom would need to drag kid to the DR to be told keep kid home. Total waste of money.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  10. #70
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Finally you have said something for which I can agree. This is not about healthcare. This is about destroying those freedoms that I consider the American Dream, freedom to live where you choose, work for who you choose, raise your children as you choose and worship as you choose. This is about the government controlling the means of production. This is about bureaucrats who cannot compete in the marketplace ruling. This is about those having a comfortable ride in the wagon at the expense of those pulling it. I don't want to pay a bureaucrat to FORCE someone to write a resume or apply for a job, or take a drug test for that matter. I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME TO INTERVIEW SUCH A PERSON FOR A JOB THEY DON'T EVEN WANT!!!! And I sure don't want the government paying some welfare worker to do such a thing.

    You along with another post has said that a doctor has a moral obligation to treat a patient. THAT IS BS!!! I have no obligation to treat you or anybody else UNDER YOUR OR ANYBODY ELSE'S TERMS, NOR WILL I. The government is in the process of removing the responsibility of compassion, moral and ethical obligation of patient care and as a result, destroying those things so important to health care. It started it with tax laws governing health insurance during WWII, continued it with medicare and medicaid in 1965 and now tries to nail it down with ACA progressing to the Single Employer System.

    I asked you WHY cost vs. results were not justified. Your answer says, that is not the issue. Again I do believe that you are correct.
    Come on, Cary. Government controlling the means of production, freedom to live where you chose, worship where you chose, etc, etc.?? Where do you get this tripe? Welfare workers forcing hiring?

    Cary, how many multi-millionaires in Congress? Are they welfare queens? How did they get those millions? Don't they write the laws? I rest my case.

    Doctors are free to treat anyone ACA or no ACA. Hospitals are required to treat all comers under the Hill-Burton Act, under which most received construction moneys.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •