The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kinda of panties for your girl when shes in heat?

We have a denim pair that works good but rubs her stomach raw. Order another larger pair of them and they changed the design and they have elastic around the waste and she keeps getting them off.
    Your funny Mitty

It's a horrible name, but I get mine from fancynancys.com They're well made and fit well on the dogs. My girls are 67-75lbs and wear an XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    I actually bought the pants for dogs, LOL. They look hot and they did stay on! She didn't even notice they were there, unlike the others, which seemed to bother her a lot.
    Good to know, that's actually what has kept me from buying them. I figured that my dog would just pull them off, and then destroy them.

Do you remember what size you got?
    Renee P

I am a cheap bugger so I get the childrens disposable diapers and cut a hole for the tail. They work great for me and are $4 for 20 instead of a $1 each. Don

Hmm I bought one pair of doggy pants the velcro type ~6 years ago; now ever 6-7 mt. I have to go about finding them; because they be somewhere, but I know not where . One day I might have to buy another pair. Size-wise DO NOT buy the Lab size one's (Large?) they must be made for those big Gals; the fit girls just wiggle out of them .I've never seen a Female lab with that big of back side. I had to buy the ones that had Cocker spaniel pic on the front (Medium I think). Those Fit and do not come off. I use one them femine-hygen pads inside and your good to go.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 11-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

I have some called Seasonal. They look like a disposable diaper with velcro tabs. I have had most of them for years and lend them to friends as well. You line them with a sanitary napkin.

I don't remember the brand we got at Pet Smart but I can say it's a hoot watching my wife put them on Jessie.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

When my girl is in heat, we prefer to use panties from Fredericks of Hollywood or Victoria's Secret. Unfortunately that problem hasn't presented itself in a while, due to travel

I saw this idea on Youtube, and it works great; Take a pair of mens brief's (i use large size for a 55lb dog). Turn them so the front is facing out, away from the dog. Place a maxi pad inside. Put the dogs back legs through the leg holes. Pull the waist band up and cross it over itself to adjust to the dogs size. Pin with Diaper pins. the hardest part of this was finding the diaper pins. JoAnns fabrics, or michaels craft store has them. $7.00 for 3 pair of briefs at walmart.

I found that my daughters old cheerleading briefs work wonderful. They have elastic at the waist and the legs. I cut a hole for her tail and slip them right on.