The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kinda of panties for your girl when shes in heat?

We buy small "pull-up" diapers and also cut a hole for tail. Works great.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Good to know, that's actually what has kept me from buying them. I figured that my dog would just pull them off, and then destroy them.

Do you remember what size you got?
    We got the thong, size large. She's a 23 inch 65 lb. chessie, and they fit beautifully. She doesn't even notice when they're on. And I've washed them repeatedly and they look fine.
    Pam
    HR Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

We've tried boy's underwear (already have hole in them for the tail when worn backwards); not tight enough and have to struggle to get them on and off. Bought Dr's Foster and Smith brand (Medium) and they have made it through 4 years of two females. They don't fall off, are tight enough not to worry if you keep a male in the house (under supervision only of course, but just in case he tries to jump her), have a tail hole and velcro for easy on/off and adjustability, and are washable. Do not buy the washable pads for them. Women's sanitary pads with wings are much easier, more sanitary, and stay in place better. Have one girl with sensitive skin, never a problem chaffing.
    Last edited by weathered; 11-23-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    We got the thong, size large. She's a 23 inch 65 lb. chessie, and they fit beautifully. She doesn't even notice when they're on. And I've washed them repeatedly and they look fine.
    Thanks, Pam. I ordered a medium after querying the co. I hope she doesn't pull them off and rip them up like she does the girl panties.

My dog hated, hated, the disposable kind (ripped them off and shredded them the minute I took my eye off of her). She did ok with cheap girls' panties but they just don't stay in place and are hard to get on and off.
    Renee P

I have not found a pair of panties that my older girl does not like to lick and then chew to pieces. Luckily she does not come in heat that often. I bought a very thick red blanket that I put on my bed at night to protect my comforter and sheets during this time. I also have floors in my bedroom that a wet swiffer can clean up in the morning. The rest of the time she is in her crate or in the back yard playing with me during her heat cycle.

Terri

Got my Pants for Dogs thong today, great service. I think they ended up sending me a size "L" or maybe it is a size "7"

She seems to like these as much as she likes her neoprene vest:

But does she look hot! Ready to chase a toy:

Studs is gonna go crazy what was I thinking???

Here's hoping that I remember I have these when the time comes!
    Renee P