The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Iran Deal

Default The Iran Deal

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/24/ay...clear-program/
    The Ayatollah is claiming a victory.
    Under the agreement, Iran, in return for sanctions relief, will keep much of its nuclear infrastructure, is limited to enriching uranium to the five percent level for six months, will convert its highly enriched uranium of 20 percent to harmless oxide and will allow more intrusive inspections of its nuclear plants by the International Atomic Energy Agency, which will be limited to only agreed-on facilities.
    “I thank God that… the new government… was able to legitimize the Iranian nation’s nuclear program on the international stage and take the initial step in a way that the nuclear rights and the enrichment rights of the Iranian nation are acknowledged by world powers where before they had tried to deny them, and (the agreement will) open the way for future big strides in technical and economic progress,” Khamenei said.

Iran has negotiated its nuclear program with the U.S. and the world powers for over a decade, during which time it has successfully increased the number of centrifuges enriching uranium from 150 to over 19,000 today. It now has over 10 tons of low-enriched uranium — enough for several bombs — and has over a thousand ballistic missiles and, in collaboration with North Korea, is working on intercontinental ballistic missiles.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The Saudis, however, are not real happy:
    A senior advisor to the Saudi royal family has accused its Western allies of deceiving the oil rich kingdom in striking the nuclear accord with Iran and said Riyadh would follow an independent foreign policy.

Nawaf Obaid told a think tank meeting in London that Saudi Arabia was determined to pursue its own foreign and policy goals. Having in the past been reactive to events, the leading Sunni Muslim nation was determined to be pro-active in future.

Mr Obaid said that while Saudi Arabia knew that the US was talking directly to Iran through a channel in the Gulf state of Oman, Washington had not directly briefed its ally.

"We were lied to, things were hidden from us," he said. "The problem is not with the deal struck in Geneva but how it was done."

Welcome to the club, Mr. Obaid. Obama may have bowed to the Saudi king in 2009, but that was a long time ago.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

“It's really hard to watch the president and the secretary of state and not think how they cannot be embarrassed by this deal. Think about this. Half-a-dozen times, the Security Council has passed resolutions which said Iran has to stop all enrichment otherwise there will be no change in sanctions, no relief. Which means six times China and Russia -- not exactly hardliners on Iran -- have signed on to this…This is a sham from beginning to end.”—Charles Krauthammer on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”
    I can't imagine that China and Russia are happy with the prospect of a nuclear-capable Iran. Russia has no love lost for Muslims, in general. Syria is a rather secular Muslim country (compared to a country like Iran), and could explain Putin's support of Assad. However, Putin is playing a serious game when that alliance also puts him in alliance with Iran. Putin is no dummy. He must undoubtedly realize that Iran will lie to him just as easily as it will lie to the US.

Both China and Russia have economies that are improving over what they used to be. While the oligarchy still remains heavily in control, they have less chance of rebellion from the citizens when their citizens' economic situation is improved. China, especially, has raised the economic level of its population due to its exports to the US and other parts of the world. Iran could provide China with oil in abundance (as it already has done), but the export market to Iran for Chinese goods would be nothing like the US relationship. And if Iran devastates the US, both China and Russia would suffer from losing the US's massive agricultural capability in helping them supply food to their populations. I cannot imagine that Russia and China are unaware of this. The US has for 70 years constrained its immense nuclear capacity. Do they really believe that a nuclear Iran would behave similarly?

The scenario of the Cold War back in the 60s is that both sides realized that they did not want a nuclear war. Back then both sides could clearly remember the devastation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That may not be the scenario for a religious-fanatacism-based country like Iran or their allies, so it is a much more serious/dangerous situation (JMO).

The essence of the "deal" presumes that Iran will live up to its rather small concessions. Does their track record indicate that this is likely?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    OMG Franco, that is tooooo funny. ( and a bit scary )
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

just another ploy to change the conversation away from the ACA
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/24/ay...clear-program/
    The Ayatollah is claiming a victory.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    C'mon Gerry you are smarter than that...have you ever heard any political leader come away from a negotiation and tell their populace "sorry we were up against tough negotiators and we caved"?
    Same thing goes for the Saudi's, only there's also that Shiite Sunni feud going on between them as well as the commercial competition over oil exports, one of the Saudi's biggest competitors just gained reentry to the world market.

Let's wait to see the details of this thing before jumping onto the headlines one way or another.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Let's wait to see the details of this thing before jumping onto the headlines one way or another.

Where's the fun in that?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

Where's the fun in that?-Paul
    Last time we heard that was Nancy Pelosi... We saw how that worked out.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    C'mon Gerry you are smarter than that...have you ever heard any political leader come away from a negotiation and tell their populace "sorry we were up against tough negotiators and we caved"?
    Same thing goes for the Saudi's, only there's also that Shiite Sunni feud going on between them as well as the commercial competition over oil exports, one of the Saudi's biggest competitors just gained reentry to the world market.

I actually would expect nothing less than them claiming victory. You'll notice I did not offer any comment on the article.

The latest news tonight, however, is that Iran says there really is no deal yet ... just a proposal; and that the WH is "misleading" the American people. My first thought was, "Who's on first?"
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com