The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Ghost Writer Ayres

Default Ghost Writer Ayres

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ams-memoir.htm
    In promoting his new book, Ayres is once again putting out the word that he actually wrote "Dreams From My Father".

I don't quite understand why he would do this. If he is an Obama supporter, this can't be a positive for Obama, who is already being perceived as dishonest.

Ayres had made this claim previously, in 2009 and 2011.
    He had contracted to write his memoir almost five years earlier, when Simon & Schuster had given him a $125,000 contract after he was elected the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. After Obama missed several deadlines, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Random House picked it up.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2ltFKJAuy

Mentioned in the comments, and I don't know if this was true or not ... is that Obama was "President" of the Harvard Law Review, NOT "Editor". The two positions are quite different, the commenter claimed. The former position being more "honorary", while the latter is based on erudition. Anyone know the answer on that?

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I can see why he wrote it...Who would bother buying a book penned by a known 60-70's terrorist, especially when you have the perfect front man with an adoring press and a public that bought the whole package HOOK,LINE,and SINKER.....the story was almost too perfect, even Hollywood couldnt come up with a more perfect scenario, something direct out of central casting....Years from now when all the stories come to fruition the American public will see they got hoodwinked by a Chicago political con job machine
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Hell, nobody read it till after he was elected anyway. His campaign purchased most of the copies and gave them away.
    Last edited by huntinman; 11-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Bill Davis

I think the best part of the quote, in Gerry's post, is where the author says "After Obama missed several deadlines…" That seems like a recurring theme in his life
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey