The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Cure

Default Cancer Cure

I just wonder how much good would have come if the $634 million spent on the Obamacare website would have been spent on cancer research
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Do Michelle and Barry have CRONIES in cancer research?

There are some programs listed under distributed computing that you can donate your underutilized cpu-gpu cycles to various groups doing cancer research. Only costs a little electricity. I have been running Folding @ Home for almost 10 years straight. Some day it might help.

I believe that if you have enough money, and are willing to spend it, there is a cure for cancer. Why haven't we found a cure for cancer after all the "research" that has been done on it for a lot of years. My cynical mind says that if they announce a cure for cancer, a whole bunch of people will be out of a job and the cash cow will dry up. Same with aids.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I believe that if you have enough money, and are willing to spend it, there is a cure for cancer. Why haven't we found a cure for cancer after all the "research" that has been done on it for a lot of years. My cynical mind says that if they announce a cure for cancer, a whole bunch of people will be out of a job and the cash cow will dry up. Same with aids.
    the money aint in the cure.....the money is in you living with your disease! they aint cured nothing since polio. they still mad about all the money they lost on that! - chris rock
    john mccallie

It occurs to me that there are other things to cure besides cancer and other cash cows to milk.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

That has to be one of the most asinine statements I have read here on POTUS in some time, I had a family friend that had millions and all the family money he had could not save him from leukemia..People expect a pill or a shot to make cancer go away but guess what it doesnt work that way, sure there are treatments that work to stifle certain forms of the disease, but in many cases the treatment can be just as deadly..

As for putting people out of a job, that is also unrealistic..IF there were some miracle cure for cancer, the manufacturing and implementation of its use and places to dispense the cure would open so many jobs and so many hospitals it would make your head spin

I hope to hell you or your family NEVER have to face any form of the disease because then you might wish that more was spent to find a cure
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The point of the OT was comparing the waste of the cost of Obamacare implementation vs the good that could be done had the same dollars be invested in Cancer research. Governmental waste vs governmental investment. Of course the Feds would screw that up as well. The government cannot be trusted with our money except for defense.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    .................................................. ...................................Of course the Feds would screw that up as well. The government cannot be trusted with our money.....................
    Ditto ! .................................................. ............................................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    That has to be one of the most asinine statements I have read here on POTUS in some time, I had a family friend that had millions and all the family money he had could not save him from leukemia..People expect a pill or a shot to make cancer go away but guess what it doesnt work that way, sure there are treatments that work to stifle certain forms of the disease, but in many cases the treatment can be just as deadly..

As for putting people out of a job, that is also unrealistic..IF there were some miracle cure for cancer, the manufacturing and implementation of its use and places to dispense the cure would open so many jobs and so many hospitals it would make your head spin

I hope to hell you or your family NEVER have to face any form of the disease because then you might wish that more was spent to find a cure
    As a matter of fact. I have a very close friend that has leukemia, did the marrow transplant, and his last test showed all of the cancer gone. Not that he has lots of money, he just happened to work for a company that provided outstanding insurance, even to retirees, which he is. He is also like a brother to me. I have had people close to me face it and beat it, with the right doctors and treatment plan. Mayo Clinic in rochester, mn is where he had his treatments.