The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Abortion Link to Breast Cancer

Default Abortion Link to Breast Cancer

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...ncer_link.html

China is pretty pragmatic when it comes to abortion. It is one of their methods of population control,, with little concern for political influences. So, this Chinese study with a very large database is worth looking at.

So, it's pretty shocking to discover the link between abortion and breast cancer.

For those who are concerned with pragmatism of the cost of those unwanted children in low-income homes, it is also worth noting that abortions are also linked with later premature births that can cost a whole lot.

The new Chinese meta-analysis not only concerns the ABC link on an individual level, but also confirms the observation of statistician Patrick Carroll, who predicted the rise in breast cancer in several European countries following legalization of abortion. Again, because of the lag time between abortion and the appearance of breast cancer, the link is not immediately apparent. Carroll's work is important because he finds that not only is induced abortion an independent risk factor for breast cancer (separate from such factors as late child-bearing) but that it is the best predictive factor for forecasting a nation's future breast cancer rates. Nations such as China, with traditionally low breast cancer rates, are now seeing an increase, many years following their legalization of abortion.
    I am not trying to make a case for or against abortion ... but feel it is certainly pertinent to introduce facts like this if pro-choice supporters consider that elective abortion as a women's health issue.

Preterm birth is the leading cause of neonatal death in the USA, taking the lives of hundreds of thousands of infants annually, with a cost of 26 billion dollars. It has risen 20% in the last two decades. It causes cerebral palsy, long-term intellectual and visual handicaps, and much suffering. There are 135 studies from diverse locations world-wide that link abortion and preterm birth. The relationship is most pronounced with multiple abortions, and very premature infants born before 28 weeks gestation, the "million dollar babies" that spend months in neonatal intensive care units. Preterm birth disproportionately affects African Americans. Yet the medical community, WHO, and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) have long ignored this association in their official publications and task forces to combat the problem.
    There may be times when abortion is the best, or only, solution, but I would also say that we should be spending equal funds in finding better methods of contraception that will deter the number of elective abortions. It could also turn out to be a net cost savings in the long run. Just as we have come to believe that prevention of smoking or other deleterious health habits is better than treating the disease, why would we not take the same approach to health issues related to abortion?

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry,

What is even more disturbing is the close link between the Komen Foundation and Planned Parenthood: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news...d-controversy/

There has to be a better way to reach people than through PP.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Gerry,

What is even more disturbing is the close link between the Komen Foundation and Planned Parenthood: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news...d-controversy/

There has to be a better way to reach people than through PP.

Tom
    PP gets funding from govt ... and that $ enables them to do a pretty good marketing job. People think they provide mammograms, but if I'm not mistaken they do not do that. They refer to other actual providers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Interesting thing about studies like this are that they are used to ban-regulate many things based on cost of health impacts. Eventually abortions could become another one of those things. Any bets that CA will be the first to put a warning label on them?

Sicklids, that really was funny! The CA liberals would really be in a bind, wouldn't they?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com