RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What are your goals for 2014???

6K views 40 replies 38 participants last post by  Golden Boy 
#1 ·
This has been done on here in the past so lets do it again. My goals are MH and hopefully QAA, but that's a long shot.

#2 ·
To have fun trying...

#8 ·
This guy said it better than I can! I have come full circle from wanting a FT win to being happy if my young dog is sound enough to finish his Senior title in the spring. After that?????

Look around me
I can see my life before me
Running rings around the way
It used to be

I am older now
I have more than what I wanted
But I wish that I had started
Long before I did

Chorus
And there's so much time to make up
Everywhere you turn
Time we have wasted on the way

So much water moving
Underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away

Oh when you were young
Did you question all the answers
Did you envy all the dancers
Who had all the nerve

Look round you NOW
You must go for what you wanted
Look at all my friends who did and got what they deserved

Chorus
So much time to make up
Everywhere you turn
Time we have wasted on the way

So much water moving
Underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away

#10 · (Edited)
Let's See
HUNT HUNT HUNT (sea-ducks !!?, Pheasant Trip!!?, HONKERS!!!)
Prepare for Masters-Finished with the pups (hopefully ready for them in fall)
Find time for the Grand, Finish GMHR on one dog
Finish Big dog's Qualifying career (4 more tests before I put a ka-bash on it ;)).
Run pups in derby, just to see, (how long I can keep a white coat clean?)
Fight the temptation of the Master National being on the West-Coast this year (just keep saying 1000 dogs, until I'm rocking back and forth huddled in a corner ;) )

#11 ·
To get Crude on the derby list, to get a placement in the amateur or open with Sunny and to drop 50 lbs off my fat ass!!!!

#21 ·
My goals for 2014 are:

1. Put a SH on Parker in the Spring

2. Have him running MH and QAA in the Fall.

3. Finish his CH at some point. (We only need 4 stinking points)

4. Get the future pup through FF, TT, and possibly a JH

5. Attend more training seminars.

6. Improve my handling skills

7. Improve my patience while training my pups.

#22 ·
considering that we have two dogs that will be 13 yrs old in Feb our goal would be to have as many healthy dogs at the end of the year as we started with (6)....

#24 ·
No SPecial order
1. Find some new local spots to train.
Give time to the clubs I belong to and the people that help me get better.
Make fewer mistakes on the line than last year. Hopefully that will lead to a QAA.
Get past the first series of the AM.
Talk the Mrs into a pup.

John Buesgens

#26 ·
Mine are easy....stay on the right side of the grass and get to see my three males get their Senior and maybe some Master passes this year. Get my baby dog his JH this spring and Senior this fall.

#27 ·
mine are easy. Stay on this side of the grass for another year. Get Boss and Dozer their Senior titles and my baby dog Ruff his Junior title this spring.Get some judging assignments over in North Carolina or South Carolina so I can see some of my pups doing their thing. :D:D:D

#28 ·
Give Kate, MH with 10 passes before she turn 3 a summer break while still maintaining somewhat. Get Star 7 1/2 months ready to move into the party after she is fully ready to pass 4/4 at SR. Judge some masters and certainly some more JR/SR. Got a few lined up so far. It will be a good year no matter what! I won't let it be otherwise......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.