The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camo Breathable Waders ????

Default Camo Breathable Waders ????

Does anyone know where you can by a pair of camo breathable stocking foot waders ???
    I have a old pair of Magellan that have bit the dust.

Thanks

buy the breathables by Cabelas...I bought a set 3 seasons ago and hunted them in snow, ice,mud and they finally sprung a leak (due to dry rot) while I was salmon fishing in Alaska....I went to the Cabelas in Boise when I returned and they pro rated them for $75 bucks which I put toward the purchase of a new set, considering I paid all of $125 brand new and got three full seasons out of them I like how they stood by their product
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have the super mag 1600 from cabelas.

Never have seen camo breathable in stocking foot. Those magellans aren't camo and must not have been a problem. Get some Simms headwaters and a pair of their boots, you'll thank Me later.
    Just Win

Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Never have seen camo breathable in stocking foot. Those magellans aren't camo and must not have been a problem. Get some Simms headwaters and a pair of their boots, you'll thank Me later.
    +1. Hands down the best waders out there.

Cabelas has very good ones.

I've looked at "stocking foot" waders off and on. Tell me about the 'fit" of the stocking part. Do you wear regular socks....if so where? Do they often bunch up and make for an uncomfortable fit? How likely is it that an external boot will come off? What about warmth issues?

i guess what I'm asking is.....why use them?
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    I've looked at "stocking foot" waders off and on. Tell me about the 'fit" of the stocking part. Do you wear regular socks....if so where? Do they often bunch up and make for an uncomfortable fit? How likely is it that an external boot will come off? What about warmth issues?

i guess what I'm asking is.....why use them?
    The advantage of the stocking foot waders is that you can get a better fit with the boot. If you hike in the waders you will be less fatigued because they fit better. Or if you sink in mud you can pull your foot out with the boot still on. If you are covering uneven terrain there is less strain on your ankle and you are less likely to loose your footing.

If you need waders to keep dry in a boat or just walking a short ways to a blind there may be no advantage.

I have long skinny feet, the ladies' boot foot waders are too small so I have to buy men's but those are too wide. My legs get cramped if I try to walk very far in the boot waders as my heel slips. I have never worn extra socks with them.

If you want the best of both worlds, and money is no object , Orvis sells a boot foot wader in which the boot laces up. I think they were breathable camo!
    Last edited by mitty; 12-03-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    Renee P

Try http://txfowlers.com

He usually has them in stock. I'm on my third season in mine...