The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Fetch Help

But ,,,he was there for a total of 1 month,,,correct?
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    But ,,,he was there for a total of 1 month,,,correct?
    Pete
    Yes he would of been there longer but due to me losing my job there was no way.

by the way, bad idea to do any training at all on a truck tailgate. Good way to end up with a broken leg.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Lots of unanswered questions before we throw the trainer under the bus.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Maybe I should upload a video of his training session tomorrow so you can get a better idea of how he's doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphsuit View Post
    I'm in Oklahoma. I'm in a retriever club but I don't think they're that much of a help besides trying to tell me what to do just like on here.
    Personally I would ask 1 of these guys or gals if you could borrow 1 of their programs. If you start all over you have absolutely nothing to lose. You will learn very quickly what the pup knows. Then work thru the program. Then again a lot of pro trainers will help you for FREE, if you are willing to throw birds for them. In doing so you will become trained in how to train a dog also. It would not hurt to ask 1 of your local pros if they would be interested in a deal like this.
    Last edited by sick lids; 12-05-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Personally I would ask 1 of these guys or gals if you could borrow 1 of their programs. If you start all over you have absolutely nothing to lose. You will learn very quickly what the pup knows. Then work thru the program. Then again a lot of pro trainers will help you for FREE, if you are willing to throw birds for them. In doing so you will become trained in how to train a dog also. It would not hurt to ask 1 of your local pros if they would be interested in a deal like this.
    I totally agree with you but I'm confused. I'm getting multiple opinions. I talked to another pro, she said to try the ear pinch and collar at the same time and if that doesn't work go to ear pinch. I'm getting people saying start over and people saying try this and that. So, I'm not sure at all. I've never thought of that I will definitely try that!

Default Ff

Quote Originally Posted by Morphsuit View Post
    I really have no idea what was done prior to it besides the process I'm going by and the trainer said he pretty much does the same thing. What would be a bad sign to know to not use both ear pinch and the collar. In your opinion, do you think I should try both first or go back to ear pinch for a bit.
    I'd go back with ear pinch and get good reaches simplifying if needed, what's done is done kinda start over with the pinch.

Definition: Trainwreck
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Lots of unanswered questions before we throw the trainer under the bus.

1 month is not a lot of time really. Many trainers are just starting FF There is a whole lot of other stuff to get to before FF
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus