RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Who made these kennels for dogs working in Afghanistan?

7K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  leo455 
#1 ·
Kennels located at Forward Operating Base in Afghanistan. Who made them?
Soldier Army Military Military uniform Uniform
Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed

See less See more
#3 ·
The walls look like the plastic panels used for ADA walkways and fire lanes in parks/grass surfaces. Also used for elevated walkways around concrete chemical and fuel containment areas.

#7 ·
Could be from the prison in Cuba? The opening is food tray sized??

#13 ·
While I was in Jalalabad we made some out of wire panels that the locals were able find off base, These do seem to be professionally built though, and plastic is not something that is easily acquired in Afghanistan off base.

#16 ·
They are manufactured by the company I work for in South Dakota - Thermo Bond Buildings, I'm the designer of the product, my name is Rick. They are designed as a self contained shipping unit, forklift ready, that then expands into the configuration shown. The sleeping quarters are also conditioned for the dogs. The product is manufactured from a reinforced fiberglass structure that is used, as described above, for chemical and power plant walkways. Somehow the identification labels must have been removed, we had installed metal tags and stickers with model and serial numbers.

#17 ·
Well Rick I came across the pics of your kennels by accident. Looks like you did a good job. I imagine this got back to you some how.
So, at first glance I thought your kennels may be be suitable for retriever owners which is why I originally posted the question.
Maybe not the exact designs in the pics I posted but can you produce say 5 x 10 x 6H mix and match panels that could compete in price to Preifert or Options Plus or similar?

#18 ·
Breck, those units include floor, roof and house in one self contained unit. I don't know if they could be made modular but they are far more rugged than anything commercially available. I wouldn't expect them to be competitive in price but I'll tell ya what... If you could afford them they are really wonderful units. Best feature of the ones we used was that the gate could be swung into the unit to block the dog into this house while you cleaned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.