The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running Order

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    In the first series, I'd like to run all my dogs within an hour of each other, somewhere between 9 and 10 am

john
    I totally agree, that's my pet peeve with EE. I have two dogs and I know others with two dogs. Invariably EE's algorithm sets up one dog close to the front and the other close to the end, so I need to be there to watch the test dog, hang around an hour or two run my first dog, then wait eight hours to run my second dog near the end of the day.

John
    Last edited by John Robinson; 12-07-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    I like to run whenever Mark lets me.
    Me too Richard
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

My boy Taz ran 1st one week end and last two weeks later. Passed both, not sure what that means.
    Ed Wojciechowski

"GUNNER" MH
    "DASH" MH
    "TAZ" HRCH,RN,MH,MNH
    "Duffy" HRCH,UH, MH, HRC 500 points RIP
    "Kodi" SH, WCX- HRCH 6th Std Poodle
    "GINA" JH STD Poodle
    "Heather" HRCH, SH
    "CHIEF" JH,WCX,RN,SHR STD Poodle

I like to run early before the trails get eat down. Lots of dogs don't mark very well.

I'll run wherever I'm selected but I would like to see the running order run as closely as possible to the original plan. This keeps things clean for everyone, judges, marshal, club... everyone.
    Darrin Greene

Before the first re-bird. That way all you dog has to do is mark the flyer. The others he will be able to smell from the line.

Middle of the order
    HRCH Elk River's Southern Breeze "Bree"
    Fearless Fighter Tyson "Ty"

I don't run HT, I run FT and I find these responses interesting. If everyone likes to run early as most responders up to this point indicate, why is there so much sandbagging going on in the Am, Q, & even Derby? Somebody likes to run later.

Just sayin'...
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

When the wind and sun are right. With the group of dogs that are "doing it" after a re-bird. When the judges are in a good mood as well. Or not when I usually run.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Richard & Steve,
    Y'all are going to run whenever I do. Help is always hard to find & greatly appreciated. As a sign of club appreciation we will bring you out of the field just in time to run your dog.

To the ones promoting running in order. In theory it makes sense & is the most fair way to run a test or a trial. The reality of the situation is that handlers are running dogs in other stakes. In order for one stake to run in order, all the other stakes end up waiting on handlers and dogs. The result is usually a world class cluster. I once sat in the sun for 3 hours waiting on a handler. Double master, senior, junior & one genius marshal runs in order. I will agree it was really easy marshaling his flight. The other marshals, judges & workers were ready to hang him from the nearest tree.

Well run tests streamline multi stake handlers. Every minute they wait at a stake typically requires another stake to wait also. Handlers who complain about waiting to run until after the pros run will complain even more at the end of the day when they are waiting on the stake to finish.

My experience is at the hunt test level but in my limited experience the minor field trial stakes are run similarly.
    Mark Land