The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sen. Paul Rand Rep ??

It is odd to me that some Libertarians continually talk about the Tea Party and comment on the Tea Parties stand on "Social Issues". Although, like most political organizations, the Tea Party candidates and elected officials do all have 'positions' on Social Issues, the Tea Party, as a political organization, does not have a position on Social Issues. The Tea Party Platform, by design leaves these issues up to each individual candidate:
    Their Platform is to:
    1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
    2. Eliminate the National Debt
    3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
    4. Protect Free Markets
    5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
    6. Promote Civic Responsibility
    7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government
    8. Believe in the People
    9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics
    10. Maintain Local Independence

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    It is odd to me that some Libertarians continually talk about the Tea Party and comment on the Tea Parties stand on "Social Issues". Although, like most political organizations, the Tea Party candidates and elected officials do all have 'positions' on Social Issues, the Tea Party, as a political organization, does not have a position on Social Issues. The Tea Party Platform, by design leaves these issues up to each individual candidate:
    Their Platform is to:
    4. Protect Free Markets
    8. Believe in the People
    That is some pretty EXTREME stuff right there!!!

RK...to here the media, Rino Republicans, and all Dem's you would think the Tea Party has developed the MARXIST MANIFESTO....

OH....SORRY THAT IS RESERVED FOR OBAMA AND HIS LIB'S

The nerve of the Tea Party to stand for those ideals!

News flash folks; The ideals proposed in the 2 dominant parties platform differs frequently from how their elected members vote once in office

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Their Platform is to:
    4. Protect Free Markets
    8. Believe in the People

Franco thinks the way he does because, he is still mad because the TEA Party backed Santorum in the primary so by association the TEAS must anti abortion,anti marijuana, right wing NEO Cons, because they arent in lock step with HIS view of what a REAL Conservative is....

In many ways the TEA Party is the BEST thing that could happen to the R Party, and in some ways they are the Worst thing that has happened to the R Party...the best because they have awakened the Party to look into their souls and re examine what is important out there...The worst because they have fractured the Party and until they help flush the RINOS from the ranks the Party will struggle for its identity
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Franco thinks the way he does because, he is still mad because the TEA Party backed Santorum in the primary so by association the TEAS must anti abortion,anti marijuana, right wing NEO Cons, because they arent in lock step with HIS view of what a REAL Conservative is....

In many ways the TEA Party is the BEST thing that could happen to the R Party, and in some ways they are the Worst thing that has happened to the R Party...the best because they have awakened the Party to look into their souls and re examine what is important out there...The worst because they have fractured the Party and until they help flush the RINOS from the ranks the Party will struggle for its identity
    Real Conservative don't support big spending, big government politicians like Santorum and Gingrich, period! And, there is zero doubt that the label Conservative is now loosely defined. Anyone with an analytical mind can see that the Teas support is not about budgets or spending. They are all about their style of big intrusive government. Actions always speaks louder than words!

I appreciate that Paul and Cruz are trying to minimize Obama's damage. But, they'll never make it on the National stage with such a narrow appeal.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Real Conservative don't support big spending, big government politicians like Santorum and Gingrich, period! And, there is zero doubt that the label Conservative is now loosely defined. Anyone with an analytical mind can see that the Teas support is not about budgets or spending. They are all about their style of big intrusive government. Actions always speaks louder than words!

I appreciate that Paul and Cruz are trying to minimize Obama's damage. But, they'll never make it on the National stage with such a narrow appeal.
    Narrow appeal..seriously? I am not a Cruz fan, but I do like Rand Paul and I dont think his appeal is to a narrow segment of the population
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    News flash folks; The ideals proposed in the 2 dominant parties platform differs frequently from how their elected members vote once in office
    MJH - show me a politician and I will show you a person who will eventually vote their personal beliefs as opposed to their parties platform! That is why term limits and voting people out in the primaries is in process....we just have to get off our rears and make this the norm and not the exception! If you do not represent what I believe when elected, I will work to get you unelected! It is not the politicians it the voters that got us where we are today....and for third parties, they only help the underdog of the two major parties win elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Franco, generalizing about specific candidates does not define the Tea Party! What are you talking about when you say, "They[Tea Party] are all about their style of big intrusive government" talk about a convoluted mind... and I have some news for you, Tea Party Candidates have already "Made It" on the National Stage, or did you miss the 2010 election? How many Libertarians in in the U. S. Congress? Just sayin....