The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty Fantasy :-_

Default Duck Dynasty Fantasy :-_

http://townhall.com/columnists/humbe...-york-n1758155
    A fun piece about the disconnect between Manhattan and the world of duck hunters.
    The following day in a story on the huge popularity of TV show Duck Dynasty one of Manhattan’s most media-obsessed publications (The New York Post) wrote that a product featured on America’s most-watched TV cable show (Duck Commander duck calls) consists of a “whistle” used by duck hunters to “roust the feathered birds out of their hiding places.”

I thought Franco would especially like this part of the "dream" the author has when he falls asleep in his duck blind:

President Obama declared a state of emergency in the Bayou State where PETA was staging a demonstration on opening day of the duck season in the state notorious for having the most and most fanatical duck hunters in the nation.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

so, I have never viewed this duck hunting show.
    what is all the hub bub about this a.m.?
    does the gray beard guy not like gay fellers blowing his
    duck calls?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

First of all its not a duck hunting show....never pretended to be

Phil made some comments about homosexuality in GQ Magazine...so GLAAD decided to raise a stink about it..A&E says they have suspended Phil from filming (but its duck season, and the show is on hiatus)

Its one of the highest rated shows on cable( depending on who you listen to)

I like the show for pure entertainment value, beats a lot of the other crap thats out there on TV
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so, I have never viewed this duck hunting show.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    well, like I said. in truth I have seen maybe 20 seconds of it a couple times when scrolling channels when nothing good is on. Each time it was a group of guys in a kitchen with a group of wifes cooking something and bickering about something and I scroll on. it seems to have the name of a duck hunting show.

Oh Well, I guess one of the pesky issues with the United States is you are allowed to speak your mind.
    regarding the gray beard guy and his statements, (I now have the news on as I type and warm up. this was the last morning of duck season here. air temp 25 above) well they are his statements. In the words of Pope Francis, "Who am I to judge".
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The NEW America

Jindal: 'Messed Up Situation When Miley Cyrus Gets a Laugh, and Phil Robertson Gets Suspended'
    'The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with.'

9:34 AM, Dec 19, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER Send to KindleWidget tooltip
    Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal criticized the suspension of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson by network A&E.

“Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," said Jindal in a prepared statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

Phil made some comments about homosexuality in GQ Magazine...so GLAAD decided to raise a stink about it..A&E says they have suspended Phil from filming (but its duck season, and the show is on hiatus)

Its one of the highest rated shows on cable( depending on who you listen to)

I like the show for pure entertainment value, beats a lot of the other crap thats out there on TV
    I too like the show, but when it started it was about duck hunting and they hunted every show.....I miss that part! You cannot say what you believe if you are in the public light....unless you are PC and a Liberal...they will always hang others out to dry!

That's because the progressives are so tolerant and inclusive! Yeah, right! That is as long as you share their viewpoints. It appears that from a libtard's point of view it's not really what you think but rather what you say. Well, no that's not correct because they pretty much say anything and everything that they feel like saying. Again it's ok to have an opinion as long as they approve!!! This goes waaaaayyyyyyy deeper than Phil Robertson commenting during an interview. Maybe he should have just lied. You liberals should be accustomed to that by now since the current administration has made a living out of doing just that.
    Last edited by coachmo; 12-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.

I've seen the show, but not a "follower". It's just a very simple family doing everyday things, and they happen to be people of faith. Might occur to me that the popularity of the show is because there are a lot of people out there who share their simple family values and the inclusion of faith in their daily lives?

Read a piece in Parade last Sunday about actor, Mark Wahlberg. When he films, he takes his whole family with him! He goes to Mass at 7:30 AM on Sunday, and later the family goes to church together unless kids' activities interfere with that. So, he makes it a point to go to church each Sunday, himself, anyhow. That seems a very striking difference from what we hear about most people in the entertainment industry. Wonder how long it will take before the liberal media finds something to rip him up about? He has a new film coming out called "SEAL". In the article he expressed great respect for the SEALs.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    That's because the progressives are so tolerant and inclusive! Yeah, right! That is as long as you share their viewpoints. It appears that from a libtard's point of view it's not really what you think but rather what you say. Well, no that's not correct because they pretty much say anything and everything that they feel like saying. Again it's ok to have an opinion as long as they approve!!! This goes waaaaayyyyyyy deeper than Phil Robertson commenting during an interview. Maybe he should have just lied. You liberals should be accustomed to that by now since the current administration has made a living out of doing just that.
    EXACTLY And that is why I wrote a few email to the A&E exec's...This isnt about Phil's stance on homosexuality...ITS ABOUT FREE SPEECH....its also an attack on a man who share a deep conviction in his religion and expresses it weekly at the end of his show..

I kinda hope the Robertson's walk and A&E takes it in the shorts...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I've seen the show, but not a "follower". It's just a very simple family doing everyday things, and they happen to be people of faith. Might occur to me that the popularity of the show is because there are a lot of people out there who share their simple family values and the inclusion of faith in their daily lives?

Read a piece in Parade last Sunday about actor, Mark Wahlberg. When he films, he takes his whole family with him! He goes to Mass at 7:30 AM on Sunday, and later the family goes to church together unless kids' activities interfere with that. So, he makes it a point to go to church each Sunday, himself, anyhow. That seems a very striking difference from what we hear about most people in the entertainment industry. Wonder how long it will take before the liberal media finds something to rip him up about? He has a new film coming out called "SEAL". In the article he expressed great respect for the SEALs.
    I believe it is titled "Lone Survivor".
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!