The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty Fantasy :-_

Yep, all this attention right around Christmas, a great plan for now.

I also see that the DD crew is part of the war on Christmas http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...asty-fanatics/

I saw a clip from a show where they say "Happy Holidays" too, but can't find it online....

Kinda ironic that FOX news has a "Holiday Gift Guide" online given that they devote a bunch of time drumming up the base on the war on Christmas.

Hey smart-guy, since you don't know me I'll fill you in on my viewing and listening choices. I listen to 70 's rock and country along with the Patriot channel on occasion. With all of the overwhelming left wing bias in the media and the vast amount of hypocritical idiots in Hollywood you point out a right wing entertainment complex. Amazing, simply amazing! Do you ever take a minute and think? Just wondering!

Robertson Family Official Statement

"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family."

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Hey smart-guy, since you don't know me I'll fill you in on my viewing and listening choices. I listen to 70 's rock and country along with the Patriot channel on occasion. With all of the overwhelming left wing bias in the media and the vast amount of hypocritical idiots in Hollywood you point out a right wing entertainment complex. Amazing, simply amazing! Do you ever take a minute and think? Just wondering!
    In post 27 you asked and I provided a direct answer. Next time I guess I will just say "search it yourself".

"Right wing entertainment complex" is the term coined by a devout Republican, not me. Based on his definition, the patriot channel is part of it, so I will stand by my statement and am not at all surprised you missed this term in the news.
    Last edited by Henry V; 12-20-2013 at 12:56 AM.

The only "BASE" I see riled up is the left "BASE."
    (GLBT and GLAAD)

What's the reason for the disparity in their treatment?

Kobe Bryant , Tracy Morgan "I'm sorry"...OK
    Phil Robertson Paula Dean ...Not so

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-20-2013 at 07:59 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Henry, Henry, Henry (as I shake my head), this has nothing to do with what you feel I missed in the news and as to the reasons why you feel I missed it. I merely don't agree that there is a right wing entertainment complex promoting this. As RK pointed out it's the left-wing based groups that began this crusade against an individual for being "intolerant" towards a group because he i.e., Phil Robertson doesn't believe in their lifestyle. Keep drinking the kool-aid Henry but maybe you shouldn't use a funnel. Take small sips and breath!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Henry, Henry, Henry (as I shake my head), this has nothing to do with what you feel I missed in the news and as to the reasons why you feel I missed it. I merely don't agree that there is a right wing entertainment complex promoting this. As RK pointed out it's the left-wing based groups that began this crusade against an individual for being "intolerant" towards a group because he i.e., Phil Robertson doesn't believe in their lifestyle. Keep drinking the kool-aid Henry but maybe you shouldn't use a funnel. Take small sips and breath!
    Mo and RK
    Who started this thread and were there any non-conservative voices that weighed in until they were asked? Please review the tape and tell me who was riled up enough to start this thread and pile on the right wing talking points? I could not have cared less about this topic except for all the infringement on free speech and PC bs that was being regurgitated.

Don't pretend that right wing groups are not crusading all the time against certain people or issues and that the media does not pick them up. Every case mentioned, and others, there was extensive media attention on each person or issue that was very negative. It was the decisions of their employers to take actions not the media.

It seems that in your world Mr. Robertson is a victim here and it is turning into another "it's the media's fault" situation. In mine, the guy is public figure on a reality show who gave an interview to a national magazine and said some controversial things. Some groups got riled up and his employer suspended him. He stands by his statements and the chips will fall where they may. The media is covering it to sell papers and get viewers.
    Last edited by Henry V; 12-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    What's the reason for the disparity in their treatment?

Kobe Bryant , Tracy Morgan "I'm sorry"...OK
    Phil Robertson Paula Dean ...Not so

john
    You need to ask their employers. Different employers make different decisions based on some sort of cost-benefit or risk-reward analysis. All were covered extensively in the media. Do a search.

Should we all add names to this list? Newt Gingrich, Bill Clinton, Herman Cain, Mark Sanford, Isaiah Washington, Charlie Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Kirk Cameron, Michael Richards, etc, etc. Some get suspended, some fired, some apologize, some don't, some lay low for a while and return....
    Last edited by Henry V; 12-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.

I'm sure I never said Phil Robertson was a victim. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy regarding "intolerance" associated with the whole ordeal. A & E can do as they please regarding Duck Dynasty which I'm positive will all come down to $$$$$ cha-ching!! Additionally, I never mentioned that right-wing voices are not promoted through the media; however, if you truly believe that a huge, huge portion of the media is not left-leaning, bias liberals then you have your head stuck in the sand. If anything the conspiracy is deeply entrenched way to the left of center!!!!
    Last edited by coachmo; 12-20-2013 at 09:45 AM.