The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the h - e - double L am I DOING here????

Default What the h - e - double L am I DOING here????

At my house this morning, -11˚. At my office where I am headed, -21˚. That is 21 degrees below zero! This ole Carolina girl done loss her mind!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Been raining and 40's here for 3 days....still better than where you are lol. I'm heading to Maine Thursday so cold here I come.

Oh Carol yikes That is an awful temperature. We are 14F when I awoke and now up to 20F Not as bad as you! But I dread January!! Like I said we have had it good so far!!!!Take care and keep warm!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

We are currently at -24, it hasn't gotten above zero since last week and lots of snow. Going to be a he_ _ of a winter. "Cruger" says he'll pay for the winter trip himself if he has to, cause he's leaving one way or da other. It's a dogs life.
    Dennis
    Revilo Tru Betrlate Than Never (AKC & CKC QAA) 1/17/96 - 6/22/09
    High Voltage Power Ranger MH

-4 here, and gonna go goose hunting in a bit.

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Sorry but it was 38 degrees at 0800 hrs looking out on the gulf of mexico in Palacios TX this morning. Again I say blame Al Gore he invented global warming.....
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Al Gore also invented the internet....what would we do with out the internet...
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    Cherokee Foothills HRC

All our California friends are complaining bitterly about the cold. If you never saw dog excrement freeze, it can be an education. By-the-way, Tipper Gore found plenty she could do without Al Gore. Just saying . . .

I don't know how all you folks can live in that cold?
    It is 27 here in Atlanta, but I am leaving for Boston Ga. this morning, high today of 68, I've got the shorts in my bag.
    Gregg Leonard

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QA2 FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" QAA NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH QA2

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post
    I don't know how all you folks can live in that cold?
    It is 27 here in Atlanta, but I am leaving for Boston Ga. this morning, high today of 68, I've got the shorts in my bag.
    We say the same thing about you guys during Summer when we start the day at 40, reach a high of 85 with cool dry winds to keep the dogs fresh while we train. My southern friends tell me that not only is it hotter down there, but you have high humidity. There were times last summer our humidity was 8%.

I like Fall and winter, I like to hunt in bad weather, then shift to skiing and snowshoeing after Christmas. We start training in January, increasing as the days lengthen through February and March. I run my first trials in late March. As for this past super cold spell, dogs love it cold, but I'll admit -20 is too cold. That's sit by the fire with a good book weather.

John