The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I lost my best friend Chunk today

Tom,
    I would like to tell you it gets easier, but I would be lying. A dog like Chunk lives on in your heart forever and will never be further away than that, but also creates a void that is bottomless.

Take hold of all the joy and strength he gave you and the void becomes a bit less deep.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

That was tough to read.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I'm glad that you were able to be with him at the end.

Cancer is a four letter word.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

My condolences to all who loved him.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2014-2015 season log)

I'm so sorry....Chunk was clearly a special dog, and was well loved. He'll be waiting for you....
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words. I feel empty inside and lost without my boy. I came home from work tonight and came in the house for the first since Chunk passed away that he wasn't at the door waiting to greet me. I broke down and cried and hugged my 4 1/2 year old female lab Ruby ( she is the lab in my profile photo) and told her that I loved her. People have asked me before how Chunk got his name. He was a big Chunky puppy so the name fit him. He weighed 112 pounds when he passed away. When he was in prime condition and training every day with a Pro the least that he weighed was 99 pounds. He was a big boy.
    Tom Blumer

We outlive them all...have lost my share of friends over the years.. each time I think no dog will replace them and each time a new puppy comes along and the old guys are memories..Think of the good times.
    Earl Dillow

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Julie (High Voltage Retrievers) Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog. Hunting is more fun with a good dog no matter how ugly it is.

I went to the vet today that cremated my boy Chunk and I lost all composure when they brought out his urn and they had very nicely put his collar around his urn. It was a week ago today that I lost him and I still forget and call his name at times when I walk in the door after work. Its a tough habit to change. I lost a very close friend that I hunt with just four days after losing my dog. My friend Dave knew the love that I had for my dog and Dave checked on me a couple of times a day to see how I was holding up and to see if I wanted him to come over and just talk. I got a call from his wife early Monday morning that he had been killed on his way home after working all day. His truck went into a steep ditch and rolled several times and he was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. He was just 41 years young with three teenage boys at home. He had just borrowed one of my rifles to Missouri deer hunting where his son shot his first deer ( very nice buck ). Dave told me on Sunday that he wanted to get it mounted for his son. Dave never got the chance to take it to the taxidermist to be mounted. I asked his wife if she would mind if I took the deer and had it mounted for him so he could look at the mount and relive the hunt for many years to come. I figured it was the least that I could do for a great friend. I was a pall bearer at his funeral which was an honor after that is when I went to get my lab Chunk's ashes so my day was very tough mentaly . I hope that people take the time to let their close friends how much they mean to them before their gone and its too late.
    Tom Blumer

Quote Originally Posted by yellowlabfan View Post
    I went to the vet today that cremated my boy Chunk and I lost all composure when they brought out his urn and they had very nicely put his collar around his urn. It was a week ago today that I lost him and I still forget and call his name at times when I walk in the door after work. Its a tough habit to change. I lost a very close friend that I hunt with just four days after losing my dog. My friend Dave knew the love that I had for my dog and Dave checked on me a couple of times a day to see how I was holding up and to see if I wanted him to come over and just talk. I got a call from his wife early Monday morning that he had been killed on his way home after working all day. His truck went into a steep ditch and rolled several times and he was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. He was just 41 years young with three teenage boys at home. He had just borrowed one of my rifles to Missouri deer hunting where his son shot his first deer ( very nice buck ). Dave told me on Sunday that he wanted to get it mounted for his son. Dave never got the chance to take it to the taxidermist to be mounted. I asked his wife if she would mind if I took the deer and had it mounted for him so he could look at the mount and relive the hunt for many years to come. I figured it was the least that I could do for a great friend. I was a pall bearer at his funeral which was an honor after that is when I went to get my lab Chunk's ashes so my day was very tough mentaly . I hope that people take the time to let their close friends how much they mean to them before their gone and its too late.
    So sorry Tom.. .... Life is too short.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I am sorry you lost your boy...I know I am a bit behind in my condolances.
    Please know that I know of the loss of which you speak...
    He knows you loved him.

Earlene