RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Recommendations for 2014 Elk hunt

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
I am in search of recommendations for a guided elk hunt for fall 2014.(muzzle loader or rifle) I would like lower altitude and reasonable terrain to accommodate an older gentleman. I am looking for a very nice experience with nice amenities .

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I am in search of recommendations for a guided elk hunt for fall 2014.(muzzle loader or rifle) I would like lower altitude and reasonable terrain to accommodate an older gentleman. I am looking for a very nice experience with nice amenities .

Thanks in advance
That might be the deal killer...the altitude isnt as bad as one might think, the terrain however can be tough on the knees and the heart if you arent in at least moderate physical shape...

the next think you have to decide is which state, and then how much you are willing to pay for a tag...You can either take your chances at many of the Rocky Mtn states (Colorado,Idaho,Wyoming) or pay the enormously high reservation prices of the tribal states (New Mexico,Ariz.)

I would get a copy of the RMEF they have many outfitters listed,or better yet attend a RMEF or Safari Club, convention, many of the outfitters are there to talk to you personally and during tight economic times will negotiate their hunt prices

#5 ·
db, go to www.huntinfool.com and look at the hunt finder section. Give them a call and talk with the staff in the office. They can recommend a hunt that will fit your needs.

Good luck.
I second this. It is worth the price not to take a chance on a poor experience and HF is great. Elk hunting is demanding.

#13 ·
There are no elk in Colorado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.