The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials...

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    What are your thoughts about the generation of young adults about to have probable significant influence in the upcoming elections in our country and worldwide?
    We are confident enough in our Grandchildren that upon our passing they will inherit our Roth IRA's. They will be informed of this on Xmas Eve. They will also be informed how they can protect that & make it grow. I have no idea how they will vote but am reasonably sure they will be able to figure that out on their own.

Maybe JD, you could tell one how they could vote so they wouldn't get screwed by either party .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Or generation Y as they are sometimes called. There is a lot on the internet and social media these days concerning the generation of our kids and grandkids. I'll not link. There is enough out there to find for yourself. I don't want at this point to make generalizations or assumptions that might be interpreted as my "agenda".
    What are your thoughts about the generation of young adults about to have probable significant influence in the upcoming elections in our country and worldwide?

I'll leave it at that. I will respond if discussion evolves without personal attacks JD

Snarkiness permitted...
    Well , since you put it that way (in red), I think you have sevearl generations that feel that neither Party represents them. Generations Y, X and even some Boomers think that what we have is a failure of leadership and representation.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

with every passing generation we loose a piece of out culture. There are fewer and fewer of us with self reliance mind set.
    This country has been dumbed down purposely and systematically. Thomas Jefferson warned us of what we are living today. It doesn't happen over night.
    Systematic evil is pervasive . It dominates in politics,,religion and the entertainment business.
    Most of the kids today don't think any thing like their parents. I turned out to be like my parents said I should because of my great respect for them,,,,, and Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver didn't screw my thinking up to much.
    Family values today are being ripped to shreads by politics ,entertainment and the people who run the show behind the scenes.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

I think that they will continue to push us further and further left, politically. Each generation is conditioned to accept more and more influence from the Federal Government and more and more "benefits" from same. Most Americans of any generation haven't read our Constitution and have less than a basic understanding of economics, government or the financial industry. Most don't understand the basic tenets of running a business or how businesses are affected by government regulation. Most think that it is "normal" that our politicians use the tax code to manipulate our behavior and to gain favor with their constituents. So those young people who live in an age where information is more freely accessible than at any time in our history chose to ignore the things that affect them most and focus on things that mean nothing. They are a politician's wet dream because they can't (or chose not to) think beyond the sound bite. That doesn't just apply to young people, but I think the problem is getting worse.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

They're screwed. And a screwed generation usually votes poorly which means the democrats are in good shape with the millennials.

Decade after decade of leftist policies, keynesian legerdemain and economic sodomy have left the millennials without the same opportunities previous generations had. They're screwed unless they decide for themselves that government that governs best governs least.

If they can't figure that out after 8 years of this current (you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan) administration they never will. But liberalism is a disease that's so hard to cure.

We live in Cuba now.

I think once they find out how much all this "FREE" stuff costs, they may change their opinions!
    Or even better, once the progressives run out of other peoples money, there will be a rude awakening!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 12-14-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Posts 13, 14, 15 and 16 are very true. That's why I read this board..........common sense is very common on here plus clear thinking by a good many here.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

What effect do you see from a generation, of those born from the early 80's thru the early 2000's, post 9-11, post ecomonic melt-down? How do you see them voting in 2014 and 2016?
    In my current position, I work with several well-educated and all-around exceptional young officers. What surprises me most is how disinterested and subsequently uninformed they seem to be on the state of the country. They speak as though they have no understanding of the issues. If they vote, they'll vote for the individual(s) that draws them in emotionally...IMO.
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    In my current position, I work with several well-educated and all-around exceptional young officers. What surprises me most is how disinterested and subsequently uninformed they seem to be on the state of the country. They speak as though they have no understanding of the issues. If they vote, they'll vote for the individual(s) that draws them in emotionally...IMO.

And often it will be on a single issue, not on the general picture of what is going on.

Matt and Brian, your responses are noted. I hope more will be forthcoming. The generation coming to the polling booth in the next few years may well surprise us all....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift