The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Millennials...

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    So the government creates jobs? as uncle Si would say "Nah". Every time government "creates" a job, it just adds to a bubble that will eventually burst. Government spending does not help an economy. An economy improves in spite of government spending. And our currency is already damaged with the amount of money printing going on today.

And to swamp, do tell how having troops overseas prevents terror or keeps us safe? I want to keep the troops safe, and I think that can be done most effectively if they are in America. That alone would stimulate the economy with thousands of military personel living in America, spending their money in America not Germany or japan. Non intervention is not pie in the sky
    MM....we tried "keeping them home" right before Pearl Harbor.....nuff said! If we do not learn from our past we are bound to repeat it!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    ...generalizing that all Republicans is about as stupid as me
    Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
    Troops overseas keeps the fight out of our yard..... you still haven't spoke on how you would like to see these goals be achieved. Where is the plan that you'd voted for???
    This is one of the scariest propaganda lines that a lot of folks take hook line and sinker. It is the imperialist way of thinking that leads us into nothing but endless wars. Involvement overseas is what brings terror to our yard. How about that drone strike last week that obliterated a wedding party in yemen? Yeah I am sure that will make everyone like us. What about having allies, then making them enemies (which has been our MO in the middle east). We are not trusted in the middle east, they just like our money.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and then Gary Johnson in the presidential election. If you look at the libertarian website, a classical liberal approach to these issues is explained. I will not necessarily call myself a libertarian anymore though because it seems to make you a jerk (which I have been in the past on this board). A lot of libertarians should be called "liberal"tarians.

MM....we tried "keeping them home" right before Pearl Harbor.....nuff said! If we do not learn from our past we are bound to repeat it!
    We kept them home, p*ssed off the Japanese on purpose once they allied with Germany, and knew about the attack before it happened but Pearl harbor was not warned. Look it up, it is a historical fact that FDR and his administration knew about the attack before it happened but didn't warn the base. President Clinton pardoned the two leaders of the base who were relieved of their duty after the attack.

Mudminnow, some specific libertarians are called "jerks" simply because they are "jerks"! No different than some of the other jerks of various political parties. Sometimes it's not the message but the messenger and how it comes across.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
    It all depends what the money is being spent on, weather it's a necessary evil or not. Government spending will never stop but is it being spent correctly or is it just waste that's the question that needs anwsered.
    The amount of fraud in defense spending is unbelievable, we on here scoff at nickel and dime fraud in other divisions of Government however we will always have the big money republicans like swampcollie who feel the need to feed the defense fund with no accountability.

This is one of the scariest propaganda lines that a lot of folks take hook line and sinker. It is the imperialist way of thinking that leads us into nothing but endless wars. Involvement overseas is what brings terror to our yard. How about that drone strike last week that obliterated a wedding party in yemen? Yeah I am sure that will make everyone like us. What about having allies, then making them enemies (which has been our MO in the middle east). We are not trusted in the middle east, they just like our money.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and then Gary Johnson in the presidential election. If you look at the libertarian website, a classical liberal approach to these issues is explained. I will not necessarily call myself a libertarian anymore though because it seems to make you a jerk (which I have been in the past on this board). A lot of libertarians should be called "liberal"tarians.
    I served my country and understand completely that this isn't a propaganda line. I've lived it........ And you don't sound like a libertarian but you sound like a liberal.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.

I found your post interesting in that you identify yourself as a "millennial" Yet throughout your post you refer to "they" vs. "We"....except for your last sentence...are you speaking for them or you also?
    One does not identify themselves as, millennial, generation X, baby boomer etc. one is assigned such for whatever ~10-20 year time period, they choose to label with such designations, usually based on the years of ones high school-college education. Mine were the 0's, thus millennial, or those born in the 80's & 90's . I don't really identify with anything or anyone, but as I was clumped in there, I know how and what the majority thinks, thus I'm at license to generalize my own generation, whether I represent those generalizations or not .

& There you have P.C. (neither this nor that) non-commitment writing at its finest, the generation's pretty good at that as well
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 12-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The amount of fraud in defense spending is unbelievable, we on here scoff at nickel and dime fraud in other divisions of Government however we will always have the big money republicans like swampcollie who feel the need to feed the defense fund with no accountability.
    Do you have examples?

I worked on AWACS when Boeing was building the airframe - the contract called for an off the shelf airframe (at that point we had built a few hundred of them ). It seemed as if the government folks job was to get as many add-ons as they could - unfortunately our contract administrators knew the game & made sure the company was properly compensated.

I did the missile sites for Minuteman - they had Engineers doing the routine inspection. The folks from the Corp were interested in pomp & circumstance rather than being interested in engineering.

On one cold December day in 1962 I was parked in front of the Corps office in Max, ND waiting for the Corps inspector to go with me to a site. Some one knocks on my frosty window & informs me I am in his parking stall & proceeds to berate me. When he finishes I rub my arm & ask him if he sees any stripes there, before he can answer I inform him this is a public street, I do not answer to him & I will damn well park there if I so choose. There is more conversation & finally the corps guy comes & we leave. Seems this guy is #2 in the Minot Corps office. They had a favorite name for him & my comment to that was that was a part of a MAN's anatomy .

We are just about to the work site when the radio comes on & announces "Boeing Sundstrom - report to Boeing Max office immediately - so I do. When I get to my bosses office my boss, his boss, his boss & the Base commander for Boeing are there - the immediately demand that I resign & I ask them why? It seems I have insulted one of their customers & they need to show action. So I ask to use the telephone & they ask me why - I tell them I'm going to call my US Senator Karl Mundt & check this out. They asked me to leave the room so they could confer & I did. a little while after that my boss came out & told me to go back to work. Draw your own conclusion .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

We kept them home, p*ssed off the Japanese on purpose once they allied with Germany, and knew about the attack before it happened but Pearl harbor was not warned. Look it up, it is a historical fact that FDR and his administration knew about the attack before it happened but didn't warn the base. President Clinton pardoned the two leaders of the base who were relieved of their duty after the attack.
    Wow....mm....you are a piece of work....what's scary is I think you actually believe this myth....Some in Washington had good information about the attack a few hours before it happened, but the urgent communications that was sent was mishandled by the military....in those days it was not as easy as picking up the phone....! I've read all this stuff and after spending years reading all the historical accounts....I do not believe in the Conspiracy, although I do not like a number of things about the FDR Presidency...! As far as what Clinton did, I think he hopes someday, someone, will void his impeachment.....I hope not!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 12-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.