The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials...

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Massive decrease in size and scope of Federal Government. More power to the states. Massive cuts to our military and entitlements. We should have a department of defense not offense. Protection of civil liberties. Sound currency.

So in other words, you're pretty had core conservative.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I am a Millennial, high school-college in the 0's. The Millennial view-point; Can't vote Democrat cuz their fiscal stance is abhorrent; can't vote Republican cuz they are in the stone age on their social issues, can't vote for another party cuz it's a wasted vote. Not that a vote will make any difference cuz the electoral college in most states is bought and paid for already; Register to vote and you get a jury duty summons the next week; Most consider social security a charitable contribution, that will bankrupt itself and they will never see. So solution= Don't vote; and they won't until some little issue pisses them off enough that, it might be worth it to try a system, that they know inherently doesn't work. Rather than put forth effort to change it, best course is to use what's available now as much as you can to your advantage. Most will not bother to sign-up for Obamacare, unless they can indeed get it for free (isn't a govt. sub. free? ), otherwise they'll crunch the math and pay the fine, only when they are forced to. Most will take those social programs, because hey it's available. I don't think they are disillusioned; I think they got a pretty good grip on reality; however they are erratic, emotional and live for what's flashy today, and what will best benefit me, they are individualistic and not communal driven, have no real faith in anything lasting, but as long as it's available today . Oh I forgot the ideal that, while we have no interest in solid issues, but we are very cause driven, more intelligent than most everyone and have an obligation to save the world from itself, but only if it can be done in 2-4hr. after that we get bored .
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 12-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So in other words, you're pretty had core conservative.
    Actually, I consider myself a classical liberal...http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tm...iberalism.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    I am a Millennial, high school-college in the 0's. The Millennial view-point; Can't vote Democrat cuz their fiscal stance is abhorrent; can't vote Republican cuz they are in the stone age on their social issues, can't vote for another party cuz it's a wasted vote. Not that a vote will make any difference cuz the electoral college in most states is bought and paid for already; Register to vote and you get a jury duty summons the next week; Most consider social security a charitable contribution, that will bankrupt itself and they will never see. So solution= Don't vote; and they won't until some little issue pisses them off enough that, it might be worth it to try a system, that they know inherently doesn't work. Rather than put forth effort to change it, best course is to use what's available now as much as you can to your advantage. Most will not bother to sign-up for Obamacare, unless they can indeed get it for free (isn't a govt. sub. free? ), otherwise they'll crunch the math and pay the fine, only when they are forced to. Most will take those social programs, because hey it's available. I don't think they are disillusioned; I think they got a pretty good grip on reality; however they are erratic, emotional and live for what's flashy today, and what will best benefit me, they are individualistic and not communal driven, have no real faith in anything lasting, but as long as it's available today . Oh I forgot the ideal that, while we have no interest in solid issues, but we are very cause driven, more intelligent than most everyone and have an obligation to save the world from itself, but only if it can be done in 2-4hr. after that we get bored .
    Excellent response with lots for all of us to think about.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    MM..I share your concern with the lack of efficiency of our military, but let's be honest, Government by definition runs nothing efficiently...sad but true. You did not live through the cold war days as an adult, and the many wars we have fought over the years. I have disagreed with most of the wars after WWII, but not with the Men and Women who fight. They deserve the very best we can give them for going into battle and after the battle. The only way this can happen is if we make the military the best funded military in the world, anything less will cost lives of the Men and Women on the front lines. A necessary inefficiency and deterrent to those who wish to hurt us.

Don't forget that when Democrats cut military spending, they do not cut taxes or cut the deficit they spend the money on entitlement programs...

The place to protest is not in the voting both....not voting, or voting for a 3rd party only elects the party you really do not want in office!

At least that is one man's opinion...
    We could cut military spending by 75% and we would still be the "best funded military in the world". Your response is a Republican (Big Government) one, which is something of a joke when talking about conservative spending.

One of Americas dirty little secrets is that many programs are earmarked and tagged along to defense bills because lawmakers know that defense budgets will never get cut, all these pork barrel projects are piggybacked on top of defense budgets but have very little to do with defense...

All you have to do is look at all the Congresspersons that have gone to jail, how many are usually tied into defense contracts..Biggest waste of taxpayer money along with entitlement educational programs which are a smokescreen for welfare
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Excellent story in this week's Forbes On-line. They refer to Millennials as First Globals.

"First Globals are the antidote to the current gridlock and to the current players who dominate that world. This is not good news for either political party, although it is worse for the Republicans. Recent polling of First Globals by Zogby Analytics reveals the path forward they are likely to take. Back in the early 1970s, French intellectual Jean-Francois Revel wrote a bestseller about the 1968 European and American revolutionaries entitled Without Marx or Jesus. I think we are seeing a new group of First Globals as present-day revolutionaries who will proceed without Democrats and Republicans, without liberals or conservatives. "

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogb...conservatives/
    Last edited by Franco; 12-18-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    Nice...very wikipedia like.
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-18-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    a

Nice...very wikipedia like.
    ...and Steve if you are millennial....so am I.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Massive decrease in size and scope of Federal Government. More power to the states. Massive cuts to our military and entitlements. We should have a department of defense not offense. Protection of civil liberties. Sound currency.
    That's a wide open scope. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are as to achieve these goals.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.