The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Millennials...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
    I served my country and understand completely that this isn't a propaganda line. I've lived it........ And you don't sound like a libertarian but you sound like a liberal.
    You are a veteran, great and I am sorry that our government treats your lives of less value than their own. My beef is not with the soldiers, it is with our leaders. Iraq is now a hotbed for alqaeda, isn't that who we were fighting against? Oh wait, al Qaeda didn't even have a presence there when saddam was in charge. Afghanistan is a no win situation and every "collateral damage" killing only promotes the Taliban and al Qaeda. This idea that constant offense is the best defense only serves to make the military/industrial complex happy and puts our troops in danger.

To liberals I am a super conservative, to conservatives I sound like a liberal.

What is liberal about:
    Abolishing the income tax
    Term Limits
    Religious Freedom
    Zero federal Gun Control
    Abortion being decided on a state by state basis
    Federal Marriage laws repealed and given to the states

I am very conservative socially. I am a member of a church that does not ordain women, I believe that the man is the head of the household and that women are the weaker vessel. I believe in total depravity, limited atonement, unconditional election, and that scripture is God breathed and cannot be pick and chosen over.

But I don't need or want a government that pushes my social views. I want a government that leaves me alone and lets me do as I see fit. One that protects our borders, responsible with my money, and is as limited as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    One does not identify themselves as, millennial, generation X, baby boomer etc. one is assigned such for whatever ~10-20 year time period, they choose to label with such designations, usually based on the years of ones high school-college education. Mine were the 0's, thus millennial, or those born in the 80's & 90's . I don't really identify with anything or anyone, but as I was clumped in there, I know how and what the majority thinks, thus I'm at license to generalize my own generation, whether I represent those generalizations or not .

& There you have P.C. (neither this nor that) non-commitment writing at its finest, the generation's pretty good at that as well
    Thanks for trying to explain the rules...but in reality we have no rules....so what's your point?

mm...you sound like one of us.....Tea Party Patriot.....!

I like some "tea party" candidates. If they would just shut up about federal abortion laws(leave it to the states), the war on drugs (which is dumb and has made the drug cartels rich), and stop wanting to send our soldiers to do the dirty work for Saudi Arabia and Israel, then I could vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    This is one of the scariest propaganda lines that a lot of folks take hook line and sinker. It is the imperialist way of thinking that leads us into nothing but endless wars. Involvement overseas is what brings terror to our yard. How about that drone strike last week that obliterated a wedding party in yemen? Yeah I am sure that will make everyone like us. What about having allies, then making them enemies (which has been our MO in the middle east). We are not trusted in the middle east, they just like our money.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and then Gary Johnson in the presidential election. If you look at the libertarian website, a classical liberal approach to these issues is explained. I will not necessarily call myself a libertarian anymore though because it seems to make you a jerk (which I have been in the past on this board). A lot of libertarians should be called "liberal"tarians.
    Yup, and the Libertarian Party is counting on your vote again in 2014 and 2016.

I just can't imagine you voting for Clinton or Christy.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yup, and the Libertarian Party is counting on your vote again in 2014 and 2016.

I just can't imagine you voting for Clinton or Christy.

Franco and mm....just remember your number 1 candidate ran as a Republican in 2008 and 2012 follow his lead and we may have a chance to fix this mess we are in....a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for a Democrat, Dr. Paul got it!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco and mm....just remember your number 1 candidate ran as a Republican in 2008 and 2012 follow his lead and we may have a chance to fix this mess we are in....a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for a Democrat, Dr. Paul got it!
    Nope! A vote for either a Repub or Dem is a vote in support for the Status Quo.

And, like MM, I voted for Gov. Gary Johnson. The only one in the Presidential race with the vision to right what is wrong.

What Dr Ron Paul brought to the debate, which was parroted by some of the Presidential hopefuls was in making Americans aware of the dangers of big government, out of control spending, failed Monetary policy and the failure of our Foreign and Domestic policies. The man gave birth to a political revolution! Like all peaceful political movements, things don't happen overnight or in a few election cycles. His ideas and principles will win the day. RP ran as a Repub because it gave him the best chances against the current two Party monopoly!

I also don't expect the older generation to grasp what younger Americans want out of their government and that is why he has become such a hero to Conservatives under 30. Those that are sick and tired of the failure of both the Repubs and the Dems, because it is those two parties that are responsible for cannibalizing much of their future!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-20-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

But Franco......he still ran as a Republican as you say, he knew it gave him the best chance....based on the lack of Libertarians making it into the Congress....anyone you vote for that is running as a Libertarian...has no chance...RP saw that, so should the rest of his party, when the next election is set. It will be a 'status quo" Republican or Democrat election.....name your poison! Maybe the problem is you really don't understand the differences between the parties.....

Regardless....I had to try...I officially give up on you! No hope for the blind..

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    But Franco......he still ran as a Republican as you say, he knew it gave him the best chance....based on the lack of Libertarians making it into the Congress....anyone you vote for that is running as a Libertarian...has no chance...RP saw that, so should the rest of his party, when the next election is set. It will be a 'status quo" Republican or Democrat election.....name your poison! Maybe the problem is you really don't understand the differences between the parties.....

Regardless....I had to try...I officially give up on you! No hope for the blind..
    Actually, I feel the same way about you!

You keep ignoring that RP revived the Libertarian Party and that we have numerous Party members running at all levels, local, state and Federal. Something we didn't have 4 years ago. We now have national shows like Stossel on Fox Business and even Glen Beck says he is a Libertarian and gave up on the Teas. The Repub brand is broken, period. There is no reviving a broken brand. The Teas say one thing and support the opposite, very little credibility to grow a movement with. You have very little support from those under 50, or from black, white, Hispanic or Asian. We have members from all of those groups and have a much brighter future. There were over 11 million votes cast in 2013 for Libertarian candidates! That number will only grow as more and more people can NOT identify with the Dems who are moving further left and the Repubs who are moving further right!

The future is OURS!