The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heritage Dog Boxes - Anyone Familiar????

Default Heritage Dog Boxes - Anyone Familiar????

Title says it all. Someone locally has one for sell. 2 dog, insulated, top storage . . . . . . Seller touts it as "cadillac" of dog boxes.
    HR True Grits Finer Edge

I looked at them a couple years ago and thought they were kind of cheaply made. The guy who makes them is nice enough and talked with me several times. They are nowhere close to a top end box (Mountain Top, Ainley...). That said they are probably fine depending on how you use them.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Thanks, the guy's actually about 2.5 hours away - close enough for pickup, but I didn't want to waste a trip for nothing. This is a photo from the listing.

listing_pic_683979_1385567045.jpg
    Last edited by kdeckels; 12-14-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    HR True Grits Finer Edge

More like a "Pinto" of dog boxes.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

I've got one just like the one in your picture (except black in color), Mine is sturdy , heavy and does what I need it to do , safely contain dogs. It is not an Ainley, but it is affordable and serves its purpose well. It was in my price range and has been a good box for me and my dogs.

It may be a Pinto ,but it is WAY safer than a plastic kennel "tied down" in the back of a truck. This is what I'll probably use until I can buy an Ainley.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Mostly what the hound folks use....so for them, it tends to be high end. But no contest compared to Ainley, Mt. Top, etc.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Mostly what the hound folks use....so for them, it tends to be high end. But no contest compared to Ainley, Mt. Top, etc.
    That would explain the coonhounds when I googled reviews for it.
    HR True Grits Finer Edge

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    I've got one just like the one in your picture (except black in color), Mine is sturdy , heavy and does what I need it to do , safely contain dogs. It is not an Ainley, but it is affordable and serves its purpose well. It was in my price range and has been a good box for me and my dogs.

It may be a Pinto ,but it is WAY safer than a plastic kennel "tied down" in the back of a truck. This is what I'll probably use until I can buy an Ainley.
    I agree with this. If it is what you can afford it is far better than a crate. A good starter box.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Thanks for the replies, I honestly don't know why I'm looking at it, as right now I have a Quad cab Dodge & they ride in the back seat.
    HR True Grits Finer Edge

Quote Originally Posted by kdeckels View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I honestly don't know why I'm looking at it, as right now I have a Quad cab Dodge & they ride in the back seat.
    sometime they find mud
    Lexi in the mud 2006002.jpg
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin