The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Handling Seminar for Women by Stephen Durrence

Default Handling Seminar for Women by Stephen Durrence

I've worked with Stephen for several years as he has trained my two American Water Spaniels and my black Labrador for me. I have learned so much by working with him. I wouldn't miss this seminar for anything! Ladies - don't miss it. January 31-February 2 - Sylvania, Georgia

Taylor Farm Kennels is proud to present it’s first annual ladies’ seminar. This seminar will focus on the handling skills and mindset necessary to put you and your dog in a position to be successful running both AKC and HRC hunt tests. The objective is to help ladies go the line with confidence instilled by a clearer understanding of what is required in the different hunt test venues. You’ll learn how to better understand hunt test set ups, how your dog is likely to react and how to respond.

A limited number of spots are available for both observers and dog/handler teams. In order to effectively demonstrate the concepts being presented, working dogs must be at a minimum of a Seasoned/Senior level (multiple marks, cold blinds, casting etc.) to be selected for a dog/handler team position.

Planned Topics
    • To compare and contrast the three levels of AKC and HRC hunt tests. Learn the key differences between the two venues. Know what to expect in each and be comfortable running both.
    • Holding blind protocol, line manners & gun handling techniques. Getting you and your dog from the truck to the line - focused, under control and ready to work.
    • Reading and understanding canine behavior.
    • Proper casting methods, handling tips and improving handler visibility.
    • Understanding concept marks and their effects on dogs and handlers.
    • Blind running techniques and the impact of suction

For more information: http://taylorfarmkennels.com/Documen...minar_2014.pdf
    Last edited by AWSUE; 12-17-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    AWSUE

AWS
    JUSTIN - UH HRCH MHR CH Gamecr Just Plain Ol" MH MHR WDS [Only AWS to pass the Grand]
    GATOR - UH HRCH MHR CH Carolina Just Plain Ol' Gator MH MHR WDS [First AWS to earn AKC Master Hunter(retriever) ]
    ZUZU - SHR SR CH Waterway Game Cr Zuzu's Petls SH WD CGC (RIP)

BLF
    LOLA - HRCH BC's Just Plain Ol' Amicalola SH MHU
    TEASER - Just Plain Ol' Backseat Affair

Get your registration form in by January to save $50.
    AWSUE

AWS
    JUSTIN - UH HRCH MHR CH Gamecr Just Plain Ol" MH MHR WDS [Only AWS to pass the Grand]
    GATOR - UH HRCH MHR CH Carolina Just Plain Ol' Gator MH MHR WDS [First AWS to earn AKC Master Hunter(retriever) ]
    ZUZU - SHR SR CH Waterway Game Cr Zuzu's Petls SH WD CGC (RIP)

BLF
    LOLA - HRCH BC's Just Plain Ol' Amicalola SH MHU
    TEASER - Just Plain Ol' Backseat Affair