I've worked with Stephen for several years as he has trained my two American Water Spaniels and my black Labrador for me. I have learned so much by working with him. I wouldn't miss this seminar for anything! Ladies - don't miss it. January 31-February 2 - Sylvania, Georgia
Taylor Farm Kennels is proud to present it’s first annual ladies’ seminar. This seminar will focus on the handling skills and mindset necessary to put you and your dog in a position to be successful running both AKC and HRC hunt tests. The objective is to help ladies go the line with confidence instilled by a clearer understanding of what is required in the different hunt test venues. You’ll learn how to better understand hunt test set ups, how your dog is likely to react and how to respond.
A limited number of spots are available for both observers and dog/handler teams. In order to effectively demonstrate the concepts being presented, working dogs must be at a minimum of a Seasoned/Senior level (multiple marks, cold blinds, casting etc.) to be selected for a dog/handler team position.
- To compare and contrast the three levels of AKC and HRC hunt tests. Learn the key differences between the two venues. Know what to expect in each and be comfortable running both.
- Holding blind protocol, line manners & gun handling techniques. Getting you and your dog from the truck to the line - focused, under control and ready to work.
- Reading and understanding canine behavior.
- Proper casting methods, handling tips and improving handler visibility.
- Understanding concept marks and their effects on dogs and handlers.
- Blind running techniques and the impact of suction
For more information: http://taylorfarmkennels.com/Documen...minar_2014.pdf