The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's going on in Texas

Default what's going on in Texas

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Nor...232438621.html

This type of stuff seems to happen a lot in Texas,, now spreading like wild fire across the U.S. or does any body here really care. OR
    are we to busy figuring out what why Obama blew our money on a junk web site.
    . I come to find out in Russia there is a saying paraphrased of coarse. If your being raped just lay back and enjoy, because there is nothing you can do about it
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

According to the end of the piece the Ft. Worth police were not involved. It was "govt contractors" ... but how did they get the police cars with the flashing lights?

Not sure about TX, but I think you pretty much can't refuse a breathalizer request from law enforcement? Were these contractors impersonating law enforcement?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    According to the end of the piece the Ft. Worth police were not involved. It was "govt contractors" ... but how did they get the police cars with the flashing lights?

Not sure about TX, but I think you pretty much can't refuse a breathalizer request from law enforcement? Were these contractors impersonating law enforcement?
    " but on Tuesday police spokesman Sgt. Kelly Peel said that the department's Traffic Division coordinated with the NHTSA on the use of off-duty officers after the agency asked for help with the survey"

it depends on the circumstance. In these cases drivers were funneled to a parking area. So there was no cause for being pulled over other than being in the wrong lane.
    In that case all you would have to say is "am I under arrest. or for what reason am I being detained. if its to voluntarily donate your DNA then you can say no and have a nice day and drive off.

contractors looked like law enforcement without the badge.
    They did this in "take a ride on the Reading" PA ( close enough to where my son lives) and one of the men harassed is taking this to the top of the food chain. Good for him
    he gave good interview but I didn't post because of the interviewer
    Pete
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Along with being pretty outraged over this high-handed abuse of authority, I really question the value of the "survey". What person on alcohol or drugs is going to say "sure, go ahead"? Your only going to find out how many stupid drivers are also chemically impaired.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Along with being pretty outraged over this high-handed abuse of authority, I really question the value of the "survey". What person on alcohol or drugs is going to say "sure, go ahead"? Your only going to find out how many stupid drivers are also chemically impaired.
    The value of the test I think is to test what citizens will do,, in hopes of getting some of them in a data base. Some people are constitutionally conscious while others could't give you one right granted to us by it. You be surprised what people will sign up for who stare at there IPHONE all day
    Just watch Jay walking on leno and see what type of citizenry we have. The odd thing about this new wave of new world harrasment is they just don't let you go when you say no,,,they gently restrain you and try to convince you why you should. One gentleman from reading pa was restrained 4 times before he had enough.
    Complaints of this rapidly approaching NAZI style tactics are all over you tube.
    Last edited by Pete; 12-22-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Pete, it would also be a good way to find out just how compliant citizens are when they are given directions to do something by people who at least look like they have law enforcement authority. Would make a better study of just how sheep-like citizens can be? How easy to control them?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

You have the right to resist an unlawful arrest

I don't advise testing this out

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

As an aside I'd point out that I'd find questionable the results of any" random" testing where the tested parties were induced to submit to testing with graduated pay rates to take the various tests

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

You can refuse a breathalizer, in fact attorneys advise that you don't blow unless you haven't had a drink, and you are 100% sure you will pass.