The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Underbite: Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    I guess it's best for total dog owner newbies to become educated by getting burned the first time so they know to look for a better breeder the next time (said tongue in cheek). The average guy off the street who has never owned a dog or bought a puppy before doesn't know what questions to ask, doesn't have a mentor of any sort, and figures the breeder is the knowledgeable one. The vast majority of these folks know nothing about health issues or contracts or guarantees and have never heard of this stuff. They don't know how to pick out a good breeder or that they should even have to think about that.
    Sharon, This is true. However..... if your stupid enough to spend $1500.oo on a puppy with parents lacking clearances in this day and age with information literally at your fingertips. Well if your gonna be stupid you better be tough !!

My pool of empathy and sympathy for the "uninformed" got pissed on the floor and dried up !
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

John, it's true that information is at our fingertips these days. The problem is in sorting out which information is true. How does one verify it? I mean, most of us cringe when we hear somebody say "well, I read it on the internet". So let's say a potential puppy buyer reads on eight different websites that it's just a matter of time before AKC recognizes Labradoodles as a breed and registers them....and doesn't find much to the contrary...it must be accurate information.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    John, it's true that information is at our fingertips these days. The problem is in sorting out which information is true. How does one verify it? I mean, most of us cringe when we hear somebody say "well, I read it on the internet". So let's say a potential puppy buyer reads on eight different websites that it's just a matter of time before AKC recognizes Labradoodles as a breed and registers them....and doesn't find much to the contrary...it must be accurate information.
    This is great gonna be able to register doodles. I'm buying some brood bitches and breeding some doodles. Thanks Sharon the rode to riches just got easier.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

NoNoNo.....start your own breed! The doodle market is getting too saturated. . Come up with something new and you'll have a lock on the market for a decade or so, and if you play your cards right, you can retire before that market floods.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Team Huntsmith

A proper bite is a big deal because the dogs have to be able to eat and use their mouths properly. At dog shows you will see judges checking the dogs' mouths. The judge is looking for a proper bite. A dog wtihout a proper bite will be DQ'ed and should not be bred as this is a major fault that should not be passed on. I had one pup that was undershot and I gave the puppy to a friend who just wanted a companion dog with the understanding the bitch would be spayed. The bite eventually corrected but it took 3 years.

I had a client ask me today if I would consider breeding my lab to one of our setters....I will sell you a breeding pair Tim....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

And there it is....the next designer breed du jour....the Settador!!! Now how will colors be designated? Yellow or lemon?
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Team Huntsmith

tangerine.... My breed, I get to make it up as I go....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Amazed some one would pay 1500.00 for a poorly bred puppy (lack of clearances from parents.) Yes a Good breeder would have disclosed this right away in hope of finding a good home for one of their puppies. if this was a well bred puppy with good clearances from the parents and a real 1,500.00 pedigree. this puppy would have been a greet deal for many people that have no intension of breeding dogs, Just looking for a well bred, companion / hunting dog at little to no cost. I only pray these people don't need a builder, to build them a new house!