The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TT Pro 500 being phased out?

Sure, we know we're a niche no surprise. Not sure what you mean by it.

Did TT-G announce that they would no longer repair/service certain models?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Sure, we know we're a niche no surprise. Not sure what you mean by it.

Did TT-G announce that they would no longer repair/service certain models?
    they are not repairing , nor have parts for G2's
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Sure, we know we're a niche no big news there however, that substantiates what I fear and I believe what many other collar owners who a true and dear to TT fear the most. I just don't see it possible that a company like Garmin will not consume what they probably feel looks like a big plastic stick with a M*A*S*H* era antenna and morph it into something modern, with a color screen and maybe a Candy Crush game or something?

Nobody here on RTF seems to have the same story. Every week there is some sort of new TT-G thread asking a similar but, different question. It's good that there is so much talk about it. Like you said in the thread regarding Robert Milner, even what might be perceived as "negative" can still be positive from a marketing standpoint. Traffic is traffic

Chris, so the TT-G is going to repair and service all models of collars sold? Or, will only collar clinic continue to service and repair all TT-G models sold? Having a hard time getting a real word on the story because of so many threads with so many different responses. You said one thing, another guy said he called and got a different answer to the same questions.

Hey, my collars are getting up there and over due for re-conditioning. I'd like to know all my options however, the answers seem to be all over the board. I do know from experience that when companies feel their target group is complacent and will accept change without a big outcry, it will happen sooner than later. If people hold their ground most reasonable companies see loyalty as a bonus and won't risk losing it. Just really depends upon the size of the company. McDonalds has loyal McRib fans but, they don't give to squats to pee about keeping a McRib on the menu. Like you pointed out, we're just a little small blip on the radar in the big picture.

Tri Tronics/Garmin might be using the same business strategy as cell phone companies, if they dont continuously change models and get their brand loyal customers to buy newer ones their sales will flatten..How many iPhone models have come out since they were the must have cellphone to own, and how many existing iPhone users have bought the newest and latest model even though they owned a perfectly good existing one

Samsung Galaxy4 owner regards
    Last edited by BonMallari; 12-22-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I doubt it can be mass produced with the existing tooling which Garmin uses that fits into their profit/production calculation structure. It would be similar to Ferrari buying rights to make Nash Metropolitans. There would certainly be a niche market of buyers who love Metropolitans but, can you afford to run a completely separate manufacturing facility which isn't able to be integrated into your other modern lines?

Just a matter of time no matter what people are putting in the rumor mill. It would probably make more sense to sell the product technology to someone in the dog collar business and continue on with the Garmin branded and styled line of products.
    Not agreeing or disagreeing but leaves me with the question as to why Garmin would bother buying TT in the first place then?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Collar Clinic Primarily is what you mean? Not hundreds available on Ebay like the GPS units? If they are planning on keeping reconditioned units available why has there been talk that models will not be reconditioned?
    I had always heard that Collar Clinic was owned by TT.
    If that is true it would tend to lessen the chance of Collar Clinic filling any void in service created by TT's reported desire to no longer service or continue the Tube style ecollars.Sounds like an attempt at planned obsolecence to create increased market opps

Can Dogtra just come out with a collar that has variable intensity without requiring you to look at the transmitter? That's all I need. A collar that's reliable and allows me to adjust the intensity without looking.

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Not agreeing or disagreeing but leaves me with the question as to why Garmin would bother buying TT in the first place then?
    If you're asking my opinion? They bought it for the "guts" to save the cost of R&D which would probably cost far more than buying a niche business supplier. That isn't said with anything more than my business side of my brain working-

What the consumer most often must face is that during a buyout of any company the lawyers, bankers and Board members rarely bring up the words, "customer service, loyalty and quality" that is typically the cry of the consumer after the deal has been closed

If you're asking my opinion? They bought it for the "guts" to save the cost of R&D which would probably cost far more than buying a niche business supplier. That isn't said with anything more than my business side of my brain working-
    That could be..it'll be interesting to see. I just went through a global acquisition and market stature as well as brand awareness play a large role in product decisions moving forward. Frankly the e-collar doesn't appear all that 'technical' to me, especially at a TT price point of say 350-500. I can't imagine a collar needing more R&D than a product that routes global positioning with updates. And the presentation of it. At a lessor cost.

TT's strength appeared to be component quality with some ergonomic value in the transmitter. In that sense if they eliminate the tube style and degrade the components to be of a lesser quality at the same price point, I don't see a gain for Garmin. At least not a sustainable one.

While Garmin is a global organization for their main product line, what is the global market acceptance/opportunity forecast of a training collar?

It'll be interesting to see if they can (or will) improve upon it with an aggressive market share notion or do what the folks who bought Remington did and destroy the legacy.

Who buys the company and why is what 'nets to the net'.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon