The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

Default Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

My wife and I enrolled and it was easy. $1040 per month with Humana $3000 total out of pocket $400 less than we paid last year and much better insurance. No drug copay either.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    My wife and I enrolled and it was easy. $1040 per month with Humana $3000 total out of pocket $400 less than we paid last year and much better insurance. No drug copay either.
    Merry Christmas Mike!!
    You make me smile
    Enjoy your Holidays, and remember to check in and keep it interesting more often in 2014

Plueeze. $1040 a month for two is no bargain and without a drug co-pay your drugs are subject to the deductible. You didn't mention the deductible amount. How is the coverage better? Maternity coverage? I'm doubting you don't need that feature. How's the network?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Plueeze. $1040 a month for two is no bargain and without a drug co-pay your drugs are subject to the deductible. You didn't mention the deductible amount. How is the coverage better? Maternity coverage? I'm doubting you don't need that feature. How's the network?
    It is for them at $400 a month less.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

It's a lot better than the $1400/month I pay with the max out of pocket of $15,000/year.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Uh... That's 15,960 out of pocket. Not bad for two healthy folks. Hope you don't get sick.
    Bill Davis

Mike mentioned a max of $3000 OOP ... but didn't mention if that was each or for both. The $400 less may be for the year, not per month. He didn't specify. If the network is limited, that could be an issue.

Not sure if Mike's situation is a totally typical one. As I recall, within the past couple of years he went from being a bank employee to being self-employed.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Found this interesting. One of the candidates for Gov. in MA is campaigning on the fact that Romneycare is such a financial disaster for MA, that the only answer is for the Fed govt to go to single-payer.
    Obomneycare has failed to control health care spending, it is busting Massachusetts' budget, and therefore Democrats must embrace single-payer to fix the health care system. From Berwick's campaign website:
    In the Massachusetts state budget, almost every key line item has gone down by 20%, 30%, or 40% in real terms since 2000 except health care, which has gone up by 60%. In 2013, 43% of state expenditures are for health care – that’s more than double what we spend on education.
    It is time to explore seriously the possibility of a single payer system in Massachusetts. The complexity of our health care payment system adds costs, uncertainties, and hassles for everyone - patients, families, clinicians, and employers. I will work with the Legislature assemble a multi-stakeholder Single Payer Advisory Panel to investigate and report back within one year on whether and how Massachusetts should consider a single payer option.

Given the issues with Obamacare ... some would be solved"

1) Won't have to worry about the billing thing, since everybody just pays their taxes and doesn't need to get a bill.

2) Won't have to worry about the buggery insurance companies, except if you're very wealthy and want to be sure you get the healthcare you really need.

OTOH, if the Fed govt can't build a website for $600 million, I wonder how good they will be when they are involved in delivering healthcare? I'd say that Obama & his administration might find out that delivering health care is every bit as complex as buying health insurance. Some doctors might even say that it is more complex

I might be incorrect, but as I recall, the insurance companies were ready with their plans for O-care, and were able to enroll people directly ... while the Fed govt's website was incapable of doing that.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

judging how good one's insurance really is usually comes down to when you actually NEED to USE IT....I hope none of you ever have to use yours (I can dream)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Instead of trying to blow smoke. Why dont you respond to all the failures and lies this admin. given the american taxpayer.