The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    There has been so much misinformation put out there about the ACA so everyone's heads are full of shit about it.

Example, you work for exxon so you have 10 insurance plans to choice from, nobody ask about preexiting conditions, just how old you are. Exxon employs approximatly 500,000 people some sick some not and the insurance company quotes a price that works for them given this bucket of sick and not sick. No different than the exchange. Now the government did add something good a tax if you are not insured and subsidy for the folks thats income is such they can afford it.
    That is just a stupid statement! Exxon is most likely self insured. They pay all the bills as a benefit to the employee and use an inurance company as an administraor for a fee.
    If I want to buy insurance I buy based on a quote and I expect my risk factor to determine the rate.
    I am a safe driver and I would never buy car insurance from a company that charges me the same as Mr crash, speeder, DUI etc.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Now that's about the dumbest remark I've ever seen posted on here! There are dozens of good reasons why someone changes employers; some voluntary and some not. You can't think of one???

Good to see POTUS is maintaining the typically high level of dialogue.

Merry Christmas all. Over & out.

JS
    That is not an odd question. When changing careers one must look at their big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Yes, Buzz. The old system that should have been tweaked to solve certain situations not totally dismantled. I hope I'm around to hear you and Memon bitch and moan when your "new system" collapses under it's own weight and the government has to bail out the insurance companies. It will make other government bailouts look inconsequential and very likely crater the economy. Enjoy.
    Bail out the likes of United Healthcare? PLEASE......don't make me laugh!
    You clearly don't realize or understand how much insurance companies are making. And they will make even more with premiums rising exponentially!
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...hots/3147.html
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    You clearly don't realize or understand how much insurance companies are making. And they will make even more with premiums rising exponentially!
    Do you guys have any clue how many different things a large insurer may be invloved in? You chose United Healthcare. You do know that a lot of their business is being the administrator for large employers. Those employers pay all the bills and just use them as a middle man. When I worked for Sara Lee I had an insurance card that said United Healthcare. Sara Lee paid all claims and dictated all the BS like someone having 12 kids and paying less than Employee and spouse.. Yes this happened and when they switched from employee plus one to employee and spouse vs employee plus children we got screwed. God forbid you asked why the rate change at the employee meeting, you got called into HR and told to shut up!!!
    Yup got sent there when asking for the accounting breakdown about my increase!
    Don;t bitch about feeding the beast of baby momma !

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Actually Obama only makes smokers pay not FAT BLIMPS! You can eat yourself to death and pay less than the smoker who swims 5 miles a week! Ask me how I know! At least for now I got an 11 month out cand get credit for being of healthy weight, exercise etc.
    Not at all surprised that Luvvy thinks we should give a pass to smokers; because Luvvy is a smoker!!
    But anyone else in a high risk category is a LEECH & a moocher who are making her pay more!! You believe so dearly in everyone paying their way...............except when it doesn't benefit LUVVY!!! HAHA
    Last edited by mjh345; 12-27-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I am talking about the affects of the ACA in the future, not what happened in the past. That is like talking about how much money GM made before they tanked and needed bailout funds. You, Buzz and Menmon continue to try and make chicken salad out of chicken shat.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

They wanted to increase our by $500 per month for pure garbage!!! Nothing but screwing the healthy!
    NO way no how! It was going from 425 to 924 for higher deductables etc etc etc. Whole thing is a trainwreck!

I can't believe that you never went to the online market place to shop and toot your horn about how screwed up the policies offered on there are...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Actually Obama only makes smokers pay not FAT BLIMPS! You can eat yourself to death and pay less than the smoker who swims 5 miles a week! Ask me how I know! At least for now I got an 11 month out cand get credit for being of healthy weight, exercise etc.
    There you go with the fat cracks again. Some people don't know how to swim, and some with bad knees and ankles from too many sports in the younger days, the pain of trying to run or walk for extended periods of time is not feasible. I believe the medical community believes that smoking is more dangerous to your health than being overweight.

Just came across this. We have heard very little about these new taxes, but they are also part of the increase in premiums under O-care:
    The New York Post reports that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama is putting an explicit line on their form that shows what the Obamacare taxes are costing consumers every month:

But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

The new taxes on one customer’s bill added up to $23.14 a month, or $277.68 annually, according to Kaiser Health News. It boosted the monthly premium from $322.26 to $345.40 for that individual.

The new taxes and fees include a 2 percent levy on every health plan, which is expected to net about $8?billion for the government in 2014 and increase to $14.3 billion in 2018.

There’s also a $2 fee per policy that goes into a new medical-research trust fund called the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute... [and] Insurers pay a 3.5 percent user fee to sell medical plans on the HealthCare.gov Web site.
    The Post goes on to write about the other hidden taxes in Obamacare, like the medical-device tax and reduced tax deductions.

That's not to mention the "Cadillac tax" that will go into effect later in this decade, meant to discourage comprehensive insurance and reduce the inequality of insurance plan offerings. So while the cost of insurance itself has risen, Americans might soon find out what other ways that Obamacare is forcing Americans to pay for it.
    Can't quite reconcile the idea of penalizing someone if they can afford health insurance that is "too good". If they are not being subsidized by taxpayers, why should anyone care if someone can afford a Ferrari v. a Ford? In fact, the better the coverage those people have the more it helps doctors and hospitals sustain the lower payments from govt health coverage.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

All ready been mentioned that Obamacare was designed to have young healthy sign up and support those that sign up and have medical needs. Socialized model like most forms of insurance. The main difference from others is that this plan is designed to force us into a single provider system (The Government). This will happen as the profitability that insurance companies need, will not be possible, so the Government will have to step in and 'Save the Day' offering one massive insurance program...thus totally Socializing over 20% of our GNP! If you go on Obamacare and save money over your prior insurance, you are taking it from someone else or worse yet creating more National Debt....either way a losing proposition for our kids and Grandkids....by the way, if you are on COBRA, you lost your job! It is not for those who leave on their own...