The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I know a lot of bankers that do all different things in the financial market, therefore they are experts in their part of it, and don't know about other parts. Don't take my world, next time you go to the bank ask your banker to help you with and IPO or a merger you are thinking about.
    First of Mr Enmon, I dont know you but your condescending attitude to many on here is a real bummer (to steal a Chris A term), you may have been in the banking business and I sure wouldnt try and tell you how a bank works, anymore than for you to tell me how a restaurant/bar works

and FTR I know better than to ask a banker for advice on an IPO or a merger, its one of the advantages of having a brother who has an MBA from UT and has been a CFO/comptroller for a couple of hospitals to educate me on the healthcare system and how it works or doesnt

I hope that your wife has good health because I have seen the effects of rheumatoid arthritis on family members and its a biatch

Happy New Year to you
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It seems like you don't feel any obligation to tell the truth. You sure as he!! can get coverage with Cobra if you quit your job. When I quit Siemens I used Cobra to keep coverage until my new insurance kicked in. Mike left his job to go to into business for himself. I run my own business now. Some of the new laws take one of the big scary uncertainties of starting your own business off the table. It's nice to see good folks like Mike and his wife benefit.
    Buzz...that was never my point! My point, especially with mjh.. was that COBRA is another form of "forced Government Benefit" from our oversized and out of control Government! Companies are forced by the Government to offer up to 18 months of their group insurance to employees that willingly leave...! (no problem with those who lose their jobs, although 18 months seems a bit over the top) Even though they pay the premiums, it has a cost associated within it that must be covered by the other members in the group plan. It is not a free market, self reliant incentive....it comes as an entitlement! It is all about individual responsibility for our actions and decisions, something we have lost in our society over the last 60 years.

you are confussing health insurance and workers compensation insurance...and yes their workers comp is self funded
    So is their health insurance as it is with most large companies (1000+employees) They are protected by Aggregate and Specific Stop Loss Coverage for excess losses. Benefits are dictated by the Plan Document not an insurance policy. Perhaps you should stick to banking and picking up dog poop and I'll stick to health insurance and picking up dog poop.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 12-29-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I find it laughable that people on here are telling MK that he doesnt know anything about health insurance, considering THAT is the business he is in
    It makes for good laughs every once in a while. Almost as funny as the use of some words on here by some people. I got through high school plus half a year in college so I'm pretty dumb. The thing is..................... I want to know how people are getting high school credits to graduate now days.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Because I quit to run my own business, and was on cobra until I was able to get insurance through the ACA. My employer did pay have of its employees insurance, that is why they had such a high deductable insurance too.Why should your ex employer be stuck with the health insurance claims of an employee that chose to quit them? The insurance was a perk/benefit for employees .Employers with 20 or more employees get that hose job.

Drug purchases do not go against my deductable with the new plan.[COLOR="#FF0000"]That makes no sense. I doubt they are covered 100% and I also doubt they are not covered at all.COLOR] I guess the $1040 I pay a month covers that.

I chose a plan that did not allow me to go out of network, because I very seldom travel, however when I do go to a trial and get sick, I can afford my healthcare until I can get back in the network.Have you ever checked out the network? You might not be so happy. What if you are in BFE and have a stroke and can't get back to a network provider?

Get online and see for yourself I have tried several times and was unable to get on,.
    comments in red.... Remember. The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Last I looked, I paid an insurer not the government. The insureer will raise prices if it does not make them profitable. Government has nothing to do with it. Get your head out of your a#$ and learn the truth about the ACA.
    You sir should pull your head out of wherever it is. When the insurance companies crater because they were forced to accept all the sick, lame and lazy with no "healthy" premium from the young as promised by the Obama administration, they will have to be bailed out by the Feds. That's a fact , Jack.

Syrus regards
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 12-29-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Nothing has changed....health insurance is still health insurance...they just maid a big group policy for everyone.
    It will not be a big group policy just one made up of uninsurables like your situation.

Death spiral regards,
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I know a lot of bankers that do all different things in the financial market, therefore they are experts in their part of it, and don't know about other parts. Don't take my world, next time you go to the bank ask your banker to help you with and IPO or a merger you are thinking about.
    You are correct but there are idiots like me that chose 35 years ago to specialize in the individual health and employee benefits markets.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 12-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I find it laughable that people on here are telling MK that he doesnt know anything about health insurance, considering THAT is the business he is in
    Menmom is still waiting for his free Obama phone too.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Don't hold back Mike.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift