The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Reid and Obama have both admitted publicly that is the ultimate goal, and that ACA is just the first step.

The govt has already dictated to the insurance companies what coverage they must provide in their plans. They are subsidizing the premiums that have to be charged for these plans designed by govt. By the time the govt starts bailing out the insurance companies (it's written into the law that for three years the govt will help offset their losses ... guess they expected losses?), the govt will be deeper into the insurance business.

Many doctors and hospitals are not participating in the govt plans because of the reimbursement schedule. How long before the govt wants to "mandate" that those doctors and hospitals MUST participate in those plans?
    There are no government plans, period. And as for designing the plans? No, they set minimum standards.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There are no government plans, period. And as for designing the plans? No, they set minimum standards.
    They also have set some maximums, i.e. the tax on "Cadillac" health plans. Maybe I should have used a word other than design?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    This doesn't make sense. I assume you meant to say that under your employer plan drugs were subject to a separate co pay and that under Humana you don't have a drug co pay and that drugs are subject to the plan deductible. This is not an improvement. You neglected to mention your coinsurance out of pocket both in and out of network. If you go out of network, is there any coverage? You are married to a special doctor. One that is in Humana's crappy network. After 35+ years in the group insurance business, I don't believe I have ever seen a case where the employer paid 50% of the employee and 50% of the dependent. Doesn't make sense. More likely it was all of your cost and 50% or none of the dependent.

If your wife is uninsurable, why did you quit your job?
    Because I quit to run my own business, and was on cobra until I was able to get insurance through the ACA. My employer did pay have of its employees insurance, that is why they had such a high deductable insurance too.

Drug purchases do not go against my deductable with the new plan. I guess the $1040 I pay a month covers that.

I chose a plan that did not allow me to go out of network, because I very seldom travel, however when I do go to a trial and get sick, I can afford my healthcare until I can get back in the network.

Get online and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Yes, Buzz. The old system that should have been tweaked to solve certain situations not totally dismantled. I hope I'm around to hear you and Memon bitch and moan when your "new system" collapses under it's own weight and the government has to bail out the insurance companies. It will make other government bailouts look inconsequential and very likely crater the economy. Enjoy.
    Last I looked, I paid an insurer not the government. The insureer will raise prices if it does not make them profitable. Government has nothing to do with it. Get your head out of your a#$ and learn the truth about the ACA.

I find it laughable that people on here are telling MK that he doesnt know anything about health insurance, considering THAT is the business he is in
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Yes it is ok, it is suppose to be a free market system, something both parties no longer believe in. Merry Christmas.
    No it is not ok and it has never been a free market. The marketplace has freedoms but it has boundaries to protect its stakeholders (the folks that live in it).

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I find it laughable that people on here are telling MK that he doesnt know anything about health insurance, considering THAT is the business he is in
    I know a lot of bankers that do all different things in the financial market, therefore they are experts in their part of it, and don't know about other parts. Don't take my world, next time you go to the bank ask your banker to help you with and IPO or a merger you are thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLattuca View Post
    Wow I must be blessed I just looked at my pay stub and my total for the year was $459 for insurance dental and vision for a family of 4. So roughly $30 something a month. I think ill keep my job.
    Must have a good employer

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    That is just a stupid statement! Exxon is most likely self insured. They pay all the bills as a benefit to the employee and use an inurance company as an administraor for a fee.
    If I want to buy insurance I buy based on a quote and I expect my risk factor to determine the rate.
    I am a safe driver and I would never buy car insurance from a company that charges me the same as Mr crash, speeder, DUI etc.
    Nothing has changed....health insurance is still health insurance...they just maid a big group policy for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    That is just a stupid statement! Exxon is most likely self insured. They pay all the bills as a benefit to the employee and use an inurance company as an administraor for a fee.
    If I want to buy insurance I buy based on a quote and I expect my risk factor to determine the rate.
    I am a safe driver and I would never buy car insurance from a company that charges me the same as Mr crash, speeder, DUI etc.
    you are confussing health insurance and workers compensation insurance...and yes their workers comp is self funded