The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Chistmas and Don't Forget to Enroll!

I'm glad you have a policy that you like menmon, I've been working on mine for a while and can't figure out how I can pay for what Obama says I need. I REFUSE to pay for a low end bronze plan that cost me 30% of my take home pay. With one son in college, one in law school, a disabled wife, and a job in ministry the Affordable Care Act has made insurance for me unaffordable.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Don't hold back Mike.
    I just get tired of these "experts" that don't have a clue about ACA and what the long term effects will be to their futures. I'll bust up my soap box and put it in the fire place.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Not at all surprised that Luvvy thinks we should give a pass to smokers; because Luvvy is a smoker!!
    But anyone else in a high risk category is a LEECH & a moocher who are making her pay more!! You believe so dearly in everyone paying their way...............except when it doesn't benefit LUVVY!!! HAHA
    I will put my medical bills up against the blimp anyday! I buy on the private market and declare I smoke, no issue. Before Obama I may pay more but so do FAT OBESE people. Now he says they can't be charged more, that is the issue!
    That idiot says that FAT people can't be charged for being FAT! WHY?????
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I can't believe that you never went to the online market place to shop and toot your horn about how screwed up the policies offered on there are...
    I have stated more than once that if you do not qualify for a credit the info is easy to get by going directly to the only 2 carriers playing in NC. One of those was the carrier I had before BUMCARE.
    I researched both and BCBSNC was who I had. As a current member not eligable for credits all info for all plans was available by signing in to the website using my current id.
    I did my research and was screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    There you go with the fat cracks again. Some people don't know how to swim, and some with bad knees and ankles from too many sports in the younger days, the pain of trying to run or walk for extended periods of time is not feasible. I believe the medical community believes that smoking is more dangerous to your health than being overweight.
    Actually being obese has more risks, but that is not politically correct! People need to get off the couch and stop eating bonbons. But on the other side is why should someone who works it off be told the one bon bon is bad? I just used swimming as an example. You can't tell me that there is an excuse to not do a form of exercise. Yeah, I agree that if you banged up your knees as a youth running is out. I trashed mine, hit a diving board too many times. You do not have to be able to swim to do shallow water arobics.
    Stop making excuses!

It seems like you don't feel any obligation to tell the truth. You sure as he!! can get coverage with Cobra if you quit your job. When I quit Siemens I used Cobra to keep coverage until my new insurance kicked in. Mike left his job to go to into business for himself. I run my own business now. Some of the new laws take one of the big scary uncertainties of starting your own business off the table. It's nice to see good folks like Mike and his wife benefit.
    Cobra has not changed. If you left your job whether by choice or not you had the option to pick up Cobra for 18 months. That has been the law for years.
    All cobra says is that you must pay the full price of the plan. If the company offered a choice you can only continue the plan you chose, not a cheaper plan that may have been offered. You could not downgrade to a lower plan.

There are no government plans, period. And as for designing the plans? No, they set minimum standards.
    But many of us do not need nor will use their "minimum standards". Why should anyone be forced to buy a plan that covers something they will never use? Note I said will not use rather than hope they will never need, those are 2 different things! A male will not have a baby, a woman over a certain age will not have a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Because I quit to run my own business, and was on cobra until I was able to get insurance through the ACA. My employer did pay have of its employees insurance, that is why they had such a high deductable insurance too.

Drug purchases do not go against my deductable with the new plan. I guess the $1040 I pay a month covers that.

I chose a plan that did not allow me to go out of network, because I very seldom travel, however when I do go to a trial and get sick, I can afford my healthcare until I can get back in the network.

Get online and see for yourself.
    Some of us have been online, on the phone etc. Some of us know we are scewed because we had a private plan and this BUMFACE IDIOT CRAP does not work for us. The old stuff worked. Out of a severe limited network is an issue. Double the price for pure crap to pay for you??? Why would I be happy with that???

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Last I looked, I paid an insurer not the government. The insureer will raise prices if it does not make them profitable. Government has nothing to do with it. Get your head out of your a#$ and learn the truth about the ACA.
    Huh???? Are you forgetting the gov't is making them take on bad risks???

My guess is that Menmom will not know what he has until he has to use it. Hopefully he will never have to.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth