The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wears a Go Pro

Default Who wears a Go Pro

I have a friend that can't seem to hunt now a days with out his go pro on his head. Yeah the footage is cool at times I guess when it's finally daylight but the dang thing shines like a freaking full moon sitting there up on his head. What few ducks that we have had to come in have seem to flare. Of course I seem to think it's the big silver thing on his head. Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else on here is wearing them and if so are you having any luck or what.

Spray paint the case flat black. Be sure to cover the buttons with tape before applying paint.
    Christopher Nemitz

487 miles from home, but happily stationed in NE OK

I sometimes wear a Sony HDR-AS15 camera; similar to the Go-Pro, but smaller outer case, and it mounts on a band so it's on the side of my head, not on top. I can also mount it to my gun barrel if I want. Last year, I thought it might be flaring ducks too, so I covered the case in camo tape except for the lens (obviously). Worked like a charm.
    Scott Vermeer

Bluegoose's Cut of Jazztime, aka Carver
    The new kid: Sophie, whose registered name will come to us soon enough....

Forever with me:

RockErin's Island Code 01/2012-06/2013...Koda, your promise and my dream ended way too soon. Them 2 yeller dawgs will help you find your way...

Vammy's Chasing The Light 10/98-2/2011...Chase, you rocked. Now go find Bailey, and "hunt up!".

Bailey 6/85-12/99...just a purebred, unregistered meat dawg...but what a girl. You were awesome, pook'ems...

i have a go pro mounted inside my head. it is called a brain. i can replay events of a hunt anytime i want. the really good hunts are unforgettable. all the rest are a blur of manic activity seeking the next grande passage. my vocabulary and unique story telling skills paint a vivid picture of my exploits on rare occasions when i wish to share these events with others. using my methods of recording, enhancements in my documented activities always occur over time.!

yours truely,
    tech challenged old man that doesn't care what you put on twitter, instagram, facebook or youtube

p.s. hunting partners have said my huge, huntfilled brain sometimes flares ducks too.
    Last edited by roseberry; 12-24-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    john mccallie

I cover my Go Pro with a protective green protective soft latex cover designed for the camera. I use it just for the reason you stated.
    Tony C. Zappia
    www.tonyzappia.com
    FTCH Adirondac Tea for Two WC, ** (Tea), 2009 GRCA National Specialty Derby win, Open Win
    (Fireside) Field of Emeralds (Emme)
    Heads Up Winter Storm Warning (Ice)

I run the go pros, In the field I use one on a tri pod with the wifi remote. Just recently purchased the Kurgo harness for my dog
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry;
    using my methods of recording, enhancements in my documented activities always occur over time.!
    Funny how those enhancements are even greater when describing the exploits of the deceased four legged hunting partner and/or when having a few brews while sitting around the camp fire!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

They make a camo cover for them.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i have a go pro mounted inside my head. it is called a brain. i can replay events of a hunt anytime i want. the really good hunts are unforgettable. all the rest are a blur of manic activity seeking the next grande passage. my vocabulary and unique story telling skills paint a vivid picture of my exploits on rare occasions when i wish to share these events with others. using my methods of recording, enhancements in my documented activities always occur over time.!

yours truely,
    tech challenged old man that doesn't care what you put on twitter, instagram, facebook or youtube

p.s. hunting partners have said my huge, huntfilled brain sometimes flares ducks too.
    I'm with you John.

I'll tell you when (not if) old age creeps up and the replay buttons start to become less available those pictures and videos will bring back lost memories.

Pictures and videos can be an interesting and rewarding hobby or a nuisance. It is rather simple to justify either.

edit: Seriously thinking about buying a GoPro...soon.
    Last edited by KwickLabs; 12-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    KwickLabs Fountain of Youth - Pounce
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH (June, 2007 - May, 2014)