The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How About Just Plain Old "Merry Christmas"!!

Merry Christmas to all!
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    From one Agnostic ..................................................

Not trying to start a fight etc. but what is your own definition of an agnostic ? Just an honest question. My oldest claims that title and I know what he says of course.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Not trying to start a fight etc. but what is your own definition of an agnostic ? Just an honest question. My oldest claims that title and I know what he says of course.
    Happy to. An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved. Religions are about having faith whereas Agnostics tend to believe in what we have learned through science; origins of man and the universe.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Merry Christmas.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

From one Agnostic to another, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaHP...&feature=share
    Thanks Franco, that was really moving. Perhaps just the season, but brought tears to my eyes.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Happy to. An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved. Religions are about having faith whereas Agnostics tend to believe in what we have learned through science; origins of man and the universe.
    That's it. Agnosticism takes the position that one can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a higher power. In my opinion, the prudent agnostic attempts to live as if the higher power exists, even though they lack the faith some religions "require" for salvation.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Merry Christmas!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to my POTUS friends!!!!

stan b

Not to hi-jack the thread but do agnostics ever pray to anything/anyone ? I realize that there may be differences between agnostics but again this is an honest question. I know a man who has a relative on the deathbed so to speak and I just don't know what to say to him. Afraid to say "I'm praying for your family" for fear of offending him. I'm pretty much a 'live and let live' kind of person. I think that there will be people that go to church every week who won't be in heaven and on the other hand there will be people there who never went to any church any time. I believe that God judges each person by how they did live on this earth. I do not believe that most of this church's members or that church's members are sure to be there.
    I believe if you see something as "wrong" and go ahead and do it you are judged for that.

Since we are supposed to be honoring Christ's birth at this time ( Merry Christmas again to all it always hits me wrong that people are fighting over stuff in stores at this time. Oh, well........All over with in a few hours. Happy 'returns' to all
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Alright, remember the OP please. I'll give you an answer tomorrow (and yeah, I suppose I kinda started it, but didn't want to be flying false colors)

Peace to all and Merry Christmas!!

HPL
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)