The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How About Just Plain Old "Merry Christmas"!!

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Not to hi-jack the thread but do agnostics ever pray to anything/anyone ? I realize that there may be differences between agnostics but again this is an honest question. I know a man who has a relative on the deathbed so to speak and I just don't know what to say to him. Afraid to say "I'm praying for your family" for fear of offending him. I'm pretty much a 'live and let live' kind of person. I think that there will be people that go to church every week who won't be in heaven and on the other hand there will be people there who never went to any church any time. I believe that God judges each person by how they did live on this earth. I do not believe that most of this church's members or that church's members are sure to be there.
    I believe if you see something as "wrong" and go ahead and do it you are judged for that.

Since we are supposed to be honoring Christ's birth at this time ( Merry Christmas again to all it always hits me wrong that people are fighting over stuff in stores at this time. Oh, well........All over with in a few hours. Happy 'returns' to all
    If you are not sure, I would just say, " I am hoping for your recovery".

One of the things that gives me the most pleasure in life is visiting a nursing home. I went this morning with my usual pecan tarts which the residents really enjoy. They enjoy the visit, the chance to talk and talk about their lives. If they say to me Merry Christmas, I return the same. There are two Jewish vets, one a Korean vet and the other Vietnam that usually sit together. I wished them a happy Hanukka and they replied to me Merry Christmas. For me, it's not about religion an the dogma that comes with it but the brotherhood. And, though they truly seem to enjoy it when I visit, the truth is that I get a heck of a lot more out of it then they do.

P S
    I thnk we could all learn something from the new Pope. What a marvelous leader for his religion and all mankind!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-25-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

that was a GREAT link Franco, Thank You!

Merry Christmas to all
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    that was a GREAT link Franco, Thank You!

Merry Christmas to all

Yea, those Krauts really know how to party!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Franco, thanks for sharing the flash mob link. It brought tears to my eyes also. Thanks again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!